mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
OK.... I have been reading all of these threads and am wondering... What the heck is Dirtweek? (It sounds like FUN!)

I rode for years but quit about ten years ago and have just bought a new bike and am starting again...

Where can I find information specific about DW2003?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I see you're riding a "big bike," you would fit right in with Papakeith. If you deside to get in on DW03, perhaps you will participate in some of the smack talk between Papakeith & BigLou and the 3 of you can have a grudge race. I'll be bringing the "robe" back to DW03 for the looser to wear. :thumb:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If you are passionate about dirtbikes and all that they entail, then you don't want to miss DirtWeek! Like minded folks from around the country, young and old, fast and slow, some like to ride woods but get on the tracks, some like to moto but get in the woods, some camp some stay in hotels, getting together for a week of pure dirtbike enjoyment.
The folks you meet and the experiences you will have are burned into your memory for about a year, then it starts all over again!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What is Dirtweek? Well, here is my take on it:
1. You build anticiapation until your life is overun with Dirtweek fever.
2. You prep and reprep your bike, pack and repack to bring everything.
3. You get the strangest looks from relatives, coworkers, and friends.
4. You arrive to find you have 250+ friends and you don't know any names.
5. Time flies by fast and you really never thought you could get this sore from riding 5 days in a row.
6. You forget about crime, human suffering, politics, and the mundane things of everyday life.
7. You offer to help total strangers, willingly. You are offered help from strangers without asking.
8. You eat like a king for a week.
9. You realize that there are really, really good people in this world and you are know their friend.
10. You leave realizing your life is overun with Dirtweek fever.

B

biglou

It's a myriad little details that will reaffirm your faith in humanity. That and we ride dirtbikes, too! :thumb:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
DirtWeek is a week of New Year eves, fireworks everyday on the tails and tracks, fellowship morning, noon and especially night. It is Santa coming everyday delivering surprises, fun and good cheer, but twisted rims and fouled plugs for the queer; it is the mother of all birthday celebrations of young and old, male and female, making and relating memories of dirtweeks past and yet to come..... Mom, how many days til New Years? go to sleep now, it won't be long....when you wake it will be near.... for Okie is already busy brewing a new batch of cheer...

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Pokie - you are so poetically correct. :)

Dirt week is an event that just keeps getting better. It seems like every year I think to myself that it just doesn't get any better than this -- and then it does - the next year.

Don't miss DW03' ! :cool:

We'll all be there.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dirtweek truly can restore your faith in humanity and reaffirm your belief that there is sanity present ....

I told everyone that I was going to vacation at Dirtweek with 238 people I had never met, 1 person I had and 1 person I knew. By the time DW02 was over, I had met more folks than I can name now (I am labeling my copies of the photos to help me remember) and had one of the most memorable weeks of my life. BTW, I only got to ride for 20 minutes, and you know what, I don't think it mattered.

I went to Dirtweek to meet people and that I accomplished in spades!

Join us next year and you to can meet some of the finest people on earth and one that is scared of spiders and fixes motorcycles with wire bales off of kitty litter pails. :)

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
I see you're riding a "big bike"

Go big or stay home!! :aj:

I've had my "big" bike at DW for the last two years. I was all for an Open class moto, but it never materialized. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, I was bunny hopping the jumps. All that power does no good unless the wheels are touching the ground and I'm a still a big chicken for that big air stuff.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Originally posted by Pokie
...but twisted rims and fouled plugs for the queer...
Just for the record, I had no twisted rims or fouled plugs!
:)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird

Hey there Big Boy ;) :p

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...Seems like I do remember at least one who had a twisted rim though.

:debil:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Originally posted by Jaybird

.... you must have been good ! and if you were 'bad' your music making saved the day! thanks for the sweet sonds!
Hey, I got some video of #60 bobbling up the big step-up and then the staircase....but you did finish ahead of Jeff Gilbert and Wrench in B class! congrats young man!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Pokie

...but you did finish ahead of Jeff Gilbert and Wrench in B class! congrats young man!
Somebody had to run sweep and I just couldn't see Wrench having all the fun. :thumb:

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
I see you're riding a "big bike," you would fit right in with Papakeith. If you deside to get in on DW03, perhaps you will participate in some of the smack talk between Papakeith & BigLou and the 3 of you can have a grudge race. I'll be bringing the "robe" back to DW03 for the looser to wear. :thumb:

Big bike... is there *any* other kind? Papakeith and BigLou sounds like my kinda guys... I have been doing some reading on DW and it does sound like a blast.. I am just getting back into riding after a 10 year absence (geez, has it been THAT long).. I'll have to check schedules (the two guys that ride with me race sprint cars - and October is a busy month for large-purse races) but it sounds like a blast..

Just took the 5 hunnnert out yesterday and think I now have the Memphis Roost Altitude record so far... :yeehaw:
Be checking back....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I forget where I posted this but my best description of what DW is:
"Family related by blood or dirt." (and sometimes both) :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Pokie,
After the exhibition I put on two days before the races on the big step-up...all I could do was "bobble" over it. You should have gotten a picture of THAT! LOL :)
I was completely gunshy of that thing after that!

btw...the results of the B class posted aren't quite accurate...but no biggie. I think we are all just glad we finished. :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Jaybird..... may be your bobble will make it into the DirtWeek movie......
ref B-class results.... send me an email with your particulars; I just reported what the scorers recorded...... thanks

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The results are no biggie, Pokie....like I said, I'm just glad I finished unscathed! :)
Besides, the scorers didn't have any hightech TTRGuy software yet, so I won't bag on 'em too hard!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
mhardee, I see you are from Memphis. Me too. I have been at every DirtWeek that DRN has had and all I can say is it is too much fun to be missed. We will have to hook up and ride sometime and go ahead and make plans to go next year. We will save a spot on the trailer for you.

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by Mikeb
mhardee, I see you are from Memphis. Me too. I have been at every DirtWeek that DRN has had and all I can say is it is too much fun to be missed. We will have to hook up and ride sometime and go ahead and make plans to go next year. We will save a spot on the trailer for you.

Mike: good deal - I am just getting back into riding again and it seems that the places I USED to ride are dead.. (you ever ride Camp Robinson in Little Rock? It was Tony the Tiger G R E A T!) - and I am looking for some folks to ride with - the guys I used to ride with all died! :ugg: (Nah, not really - they just quit)..

Top Bottom