What is new in the Thunderworld?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
about 8,000 gallons of water in my house. 10" deep in the entire basement. Home recording studio, kids' play room, laundry room and the wife's fitness area were all, well destroyed. Thanks to Kansas City's high qaulity storm sewer and drainage system, we now have a totally unfinished basement. Nothing like making the last payment on new carpet a week before it is torn out and thrown away. Oh and even better, telling your kids that half of their toys are now in the dump. Ah, and the call to your band members telling them that their equipment was underwater or filled with water. Luckily Big Lou's kick ass 80's metal guitar was one of the least affected victims thanks to a pretty water tight case. The new computer also managed to survive all though the new desk did not. I think the biggest damage was too the will of my family. I handled things pretty well because to be honest, I was just happy to have my family. My kids and wife were still healthy and living so I felt like I came out pretty good. My wife on the other hand is a mess. She does not see the light at the end of this tunnel and I am afraid that it is going to trigger a depression that she really does not need. So keep her in your prayers if you are the praying type. Anyhow, Just thought I would let all my friends here know why I have not been around for the last week. So how is everyone else doing?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
damn those floods of Seventh Day Adventist Pamphletal proportions (not quite as serious as biblical proportions, since you didn't quite need an Ark).

Take Mrs. Thunder riding and she'll perk right up. :)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well that is what we were supposed to be doing last weekend but the rain made it a bit muddy.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Dang Jamie, hope everything turns out as good as it can. Insurance is covering isn't it?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Insurance will not cover water damage. We will have to fight with the city. They paid for clean up since it was their jacked up sewers that backed up.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Holy Crap!!!! Glad you are okay! Did you have to evacuate your house during the storm? Can you live in your house now? I'll be thinking of you for sure.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Damn, Jamie, sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you guys.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
So much for keeping the new pool a surprise. I'm glad you're all ok. If you or Julie needs to vent, just email me. :thumb:

Ya know... maybe VintageDirt can send you guys some of that Southwest wind to help dry things out. Just remember not to inhale through the nose when opening the box. :uh:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Everything is settling down now. It is clean. No carpet, but clean.

Oh yeah, I quit my band too.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Damn - Jamie... sucks dude. I would be pushing insurance or the city or whoever big time to get my damages covered. :(

And WTF.... no more Jamir rockin in NC/NC? Say it aint so! What gives?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I am not sure about the band. I guess the main reason was just a lot of fighting over BS. Our singer has not been doing this long and he has a lot of ideas that have been proven to not work. I have been doing it for over half my life so I have seen a lot of failure. We butt heads a lot. It just got to the point to where it was not worth the stress. Don't worry, I will still be rockin' though. I am already working on a new project.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well here is a cool update. I called the company that makes my desk. I was going to see how much parts are to replace the sides and supports that got water damage. They took all my info and said, "We will get those right out to you." I was like, "how much are they?"

Free.

They are sending it to me for free. It is nice to know that there are still companies like this out there.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Damn Jamie...sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you guys. I hope everything turns out ok.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Thunder , What is the name of the Co. that made your desk ? I think they deserve a plug , also , my wife is looking for a new work station for our home office .

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I am the prayin type and your wife is in my prayers.It always refreshes me to see a husband who cherishes his wife :) I am in wastewater treatment and I know our department does have a policy to replace items due to flooding from a SEWER back up as long as the problem was not between your house sewer line and the main line.Municipalities do not advertise this service though.I hope you don't need an attorney,but you have a case the there is a engineering problem with their system and they have knowingly not remedied the problem.Don't back down and fight for what was there problem to begin with.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
yeah, I figure that we have a lengthy battle ahead of us. I am not trying to scam the city, I just want my life back to normal. I spent over two years working on that basement and in one day it is gone.

Top Bottom