tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I am sure this has been posted before but I am going to ask it anyway. I'll start this one up, what other hobbies do you have? I am sure there is a ton of people that "live" MX bikes for me it is just a hobby, a great stress releiver if you will. I love playing my bass guitar, it keeps me busy during the crapy weather. I also love to homebrew my own beer, even a crapy homebrew is way better than the macro swill that we drink. I also have a love for R.C. Airlplanes but have had to put that hobby on hold for awhile. I will get back to it but they are extremely labor/room/tools intensive, dirtbikes are nothing as far as maintenance goes in my opinion like several R.C aircraft are. So what about you? What else keeps you busy? I will also throw in there my wife, little girl and dog, keep me well employed :laugh:I will say I probably have a serious contender for wife of the year, she supports all the crazy things I do, including tearing ass around on a dirtbike, wich she occasionally comes and hangs out with me and the guys. :aj: :worship:

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
In the summer Fly Fishing. In the winter Fly Tying and rod building.

Year round Skeet and Trap shooting.

And I am always messing with a bike or snowmobile. Disassemble and overhaul sleds in the summer and the same for my bikes in the winter. You know the drill bearings, triple clamps, top ends, suspension, etc. Then when I am riding them regularly there is always the air filter, oil change, etc. maintenance to do.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i coach youth soccer and basketball, though i'm probably done with basketball.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Rollerblade, taught myself when I was 6 and still love skating around. Used to be big time into aggressive, that was when we lived in So. Cal. Moved back to Michigan and kinda got out of it. So I just skate around the neighborhood. I'm trying to teach my husband he's getting much better! :)

Snowboarding, streetbikes, weight training, shooting guns golfing are others. We do a lot of stuff besides MX.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I guess the only other hobby I have is living vicariously thru Thump and his massive purchases. :yikes:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
lets see here. this year has been the year of windsurfing. man is it cool to get the board on plane at 25mph. we also kayak, sail hobies, wakeboard/h20ski, dirtbikes, streetbikes, and a bit of fishing and hunting.

kxguy967

Damn Yankees
Feb 16, 2005
i play golf, snowboard, snowmobile, and have nitro rc trophy truck. like tyesai said, those things are worse than full size machines to maintain but it fun and parts are really cheap.

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
Man, I do alota haha I snowboard, wakeboard, surf, BMX, atv, weight training, Diver at southern ct state university ( takes up the most time right now), jet skiing, the thing I love doing most of all is racing motocross. I am saving for a new bike mine was stolen soon to be riding a 03 yz 125

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I tend to sleep if I'm not working or riding

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to spend my money.

Aside from dirtbikes, I fly rc planes, shoot firearms, and lately help my wife care for her horse.

But the newest hobby I've taken up has been taking flying lessons. I've only got 5 hours in so far, but I'm having a great time learning.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Im also into Jet Skis, used too help out on a team racing, but got out of the racing thing, now just for fun.. Also like too shoot, fish, hang out up on the Sacramento Delta, and watch the kids play High School and pop warner football, all fun stuff

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Ever since I quit smoking 4 mos ago I decided I needed to get into better shape. Been doing lots of bicycling. Mountain bikes (on easy bike trails for now) and road bikes. I'm usually out riding anywhere from 4-6 days a week. I try to put in 10-15 miles on my "light" days and do 30-40 on a long ride. It sure beats smoking. :)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
You should have titled this "where the money goes"
Lets see :think:

• Dirtbikes
    Harley Fatboy
    RC aircraft and cars
    Golf
    Woodworking
    Fishing
    Photography
    Chess
    Xbox with Josh

Oh and my favorite is Ann, when I spend money on her I have lot's of fun! :laugh:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
In '98 I gave up a 15 year drag racing habit only to get into speed trials. That I quit in 2003. Now I'm an amature landscaper. (yawn)

dante

Mar 24, 2004
surfing is the main thing I like to do... but riding comes in a close second... I have a stret bike but I'm kind of over it... I've been geeting into RC cars some... It's fun to build a mini track for it. I have a few burms and some whoops in the yard for the rc car...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hobbies, eh?
  • The dirtbikes are probably top o' the list, but I do occasionally like to plonk around on the *gasp* 4-wheeler. I can go slower and don't have to pay as much attention to what I'm doing.
  • I also like to hunt (firearm and archery), but success has waned in recent years as I now have two "hunting buddies" who are more concerned with what I packed for snacks than finding animals.
  • Fishing, on occasion, since the kids dig it.
  • not sure I'd call it my hobby, but I spend a lot of time watching the kids in their various sporting pursuits.
  • Geocaching! This has actually become one of the biggest deals in our little family. Neat stuff! www.geocaching.com for explaination.

Top Bottom