tolga

Jun 15, 2005
The difference between KTM and Husaberg 4 strokes are seems like nothing but the engine.

Husa has the same clutch, brake discs, plastics, and etc ... as the KTM but I believe the engine is different.

Does anybody has a clue or knowledge about the engine differences between KTM and Husaberg 4 strokes?

Tolga

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Both my dad (70 marlin) and I have Husabergs, and the 'bergs are lighter, the tank shrouds are different, the 'bergs seem to have a "smaller" feel than the pumpkins. The suspension is stiffer on the berg than the pumpkin. I have the Fe400E and have rode a EE race 400 and berg just rips compared to the ktm 400.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Sorry, I read it a tad wrong; you wanted to know engine differences. The bergs engine looks pretty big, but as soon as you split it and pull the sleeve, there is not much engine there. The case just make it look kind of big. My dad, 70 marlin, will be posting soon, I believe.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
What bikes are you curious about, too generic of a question? There are lots of differences. KTM’s four strokes have cylinder jug’s Husaberg’s have wet liners. There counter balancing systems are completely different. The frames and rake are both different. The clutches might be the similar parts and manufactures but there set up completely different.

tolga

Jun 15, 2005
450 series especially.

The main point that I am trying to come up with that if they have small differences than this bike is a good choice and you don't have to pay as much for KTM.

And maybe there are some stuff that can be added on with out spending to much time and money so berg will even be more like KTM.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
If you want a KTM buy a KTM. If you want to step up buy a Berg :cool: There are very few after market parts for the Berg. But they come fully dressed except hand guards. Both 450's the EXC & FE's are great woods bike and full blown racers right out of the crate! Both 450's are short stroke fast revving motors. The Berg will be a left kick start, right side chain with a very good E button. The KTM is a right side kick start, left side chain and a very good E button. The KTM I feel has a more durable counter balancing system than the Berg, but it has improved to almost the same level as the KTM since KTM as took owner ship! :cool: the rear brake pedal is a little hard to use on the Berg due to the cultch being on the other side of the motor and you have to reach in a little further than on the KTM. I have two Husaberg's and really love the bikes, I would buy again. My brother and close friends all ride KTM's and I've rode most of the EXC line 200, 250, 300, 400, 450, 525. I feel there great bikes and are worth buying!

Last edited:

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
I've been told that the older, say 2002 series, are hard starting. Also that the e button is a restart button, not for starting cold. I've noticed most, if not all Husabergs posted for sale have quite a bit of wear on the kick lever too. Are they hard starting bikes? Is there any particular year or models to avoid? I'm looking at getting something in the range of the 470. Thanks!!

Top Bottom