elf

Jun 7, 2003
I have a chest protector with some foam peices on the inside that are coming loose. Anyone know what kind of glue I should use to glue it back on?

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Go to a hardware store ( Lowe's , Home Depot,etc.) and buy "Amazing Goop" they have different kinds, household Goop, Plumber's Goop. Funny name, great glue. It's clear, way strong, and sticks to plasics very well.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I always keep a tube of Goop on hand. I just finished fixing a foam model plane. The Goop literally melts away the foam. I would look for a construction adhesive specifically for foam, like the stuff used in installation.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Your to late peer, I already glued it on with goop. I put on a test spot before I glued it though. The goop has no negative affect on this kind of foam. But thanks for the input anyway. :cool:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
3M Super 77 is a great spray adheasive BLACK CAP, the new formula Red cap attacks many foams.
Polyurathane glue is THE best for foam, Elmers Probond, polyurathane NOT wood glue and Gorilla glue are awesome. Probond normally takes about 24 hours to set but you can speed that to 2 hours is you spray the area with a light spray of water, this will cause the glue to foam up so stay away from edges, but it remains a bit more flexiable when dry when it foams up. If your in a Hurry, the local Hobby RC shop should have whats called foam safe CA, like the CA super glue but foam safe, Its fast but not as strong as regular super glue.
I build, fly, crash, and fix foam RC planes :yeehaw:

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Thanks for the replies, next time I need to glue some foam I will know just what to use. :)

Top Bottom