what makes 220 power feel electric?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
why does a 220 have such great bottom end, and no mid hit like other two strokes? is it mostly the porting? or could it be more in the ignition?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Because I'm disagreeable and contentious (but still correct ;) )....

It's port timing and a 33mm carb.

Putting a <whatever> pipe on the 220 will certainly be an improvment, but you will NEVER make it a hi-rev screamer with the existing timing and small carby.

re: electric
CDave thinks the RB carb is most responsible for this. Considers it to be one of his favorite things! ;)

Check out what he says @:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

As many times as I've referred this link, I'm convinced it's not read, so here:

Regarding the RB mod, Mr. Otteson says:

The results are outstanding and its become one of my favorite mods. The off idle carburetion is excellent with clean crisp throttle response. You can easily lug the bike in a gear higher that you could normally and chug your way through the slickest conditions by almost eliminating unwanted rear wheel spend then when things oven up a little off you go. The bottom end becomes very 4-stroke like.

Last edited:

Simon Fuller

May 17, 2001
Trying not to be too disagreeable and contentious but Nevada was commenting on the mid range hit, not the top end. An aftermarket pipe and jetting will certainly give you a mid range hit, that is what you are after. As CC says a bigger carb will be required to add substantially to the top end and will no doubt add to the mid as well.

But then I may not be correct :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom