Mar 12, 2004
Found a shop with nitorgen to charge my shock. He asked what pressure I wanted. Did a search and found 130-250 psi. The guy at the shop said I need the exact pressure for my factory shock. I have a 2000 YZ250 with the stock shock. Anybody know the pressure? Any recommendations? Thanks.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
i run about 175, but i do remember running 200 once!! :ohmy:

175 was a big difference, though, b/c when i got my shock i didn't realize that it was empty, ran it half a season on no nitrogen, needless to say, i'm rebuilding it now. :bang:

MX Junkie

Jan 3, 2006
dune-addiction said:
Found a shop with nitorgen to charge my shock. He asked what pressure I wanted. Did a search and found 130-250 psi. The guy at the shop said I need the exact pressure for my factory shock. I have a 2000 YZ250 with the stock shock. Anybody know the pressure? Any recommendations? Thanks.
I think 150 psi is stock.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
put 150ish in there - you will be fine. you don't technically need nitrogen - we have used air in the past in a bind (a $20 bicycle shock pump will work - they go to about 300psi) - the only drawback is the air is more susceptible to moisture than nitrogen so you'll need to change your oil sooner...I'm not saying its the right thing to do - but it is a viable alternative.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
yea it was really bouncy, i went over my bars from landing a jump while my throttle stuck wide open in 3rd. took me out for a few weeks. :bang:

Top Bottom