What premix smells like burnt RC nitro fuel?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Never cared for the name, not the kind of thing I want lubricating my motor, clots? There is Maxima 927, then there is everything else! Mixed with ANY ether oxygenated race fuel, and bam, it sends shivers down anyone in back of you. Not to mention, maximum throttle response!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I like circling a small track so I can smell my own burnt 927 when I come around again.
I had to run some of my premix in my lawn mower this summer to finish the yard and I had the best smelling mower on the block!

dolanator55

Feb 21, 2009
I own a nitro rc car, and my riding partner just got a new kx250 and he's running pump gas mixed with castrol 927, and it smells exactly the same as my little rc car!!!!

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
At the pro nationals there was this intense smelling 2-stroke gas/oil and I could never figure it out. Pretty sure it was coming from the Pro Circuit/Kawasaki factory bikes and the smell overpowered everything out there. But it didn't smell like RC gas but more like dish soap & celery, lol. My local bike shop actually sponsors pro riders that race national level and they didn't even know what it was. The closest thing I could find by trial and error was ELF 2-stroke oil but that still wasn't nearly as potent as the stuff at the nationals.

One time I brought home a hay bale cover from Unadilla and that cover smelled just like that gas/oil for years sitting in my shed, lol....

I've always had the best lasting motors using good ole Golden Spectro though, heh. That with race gas always leaves my gear/cloths stinkin' bad though.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
Oh and I remember Klotz Benol... Loved the smell (bananas?) but the oil seemed real thick and noticeably lowered the power/revs of my 2-strokes. Pure synthetic seems to provide the quickest/highest revving and most power and protection for me.

GarbatyA4

Sep 4, 2008
I run Maxima 927 in my bikes. Everyone loves the smell. I put a little bit in my lawn motor, in my pressure washer, and my weed wacker.

I also like the Ipone Samurai (strawberry smelling) 2 stroke. But I'm not sure how good that stuff is?

Can anyone elaborate on that? Sorry for taking this off topic ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
What does oxygen smell like?

The familiar smell of race gas, is the result of burning the good ole castor bean oil.
Klotz is one of my favorites, and no matter what fuel, oxygenated or not, it is the bean oil that gives off the smell folks like.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
Kawi4life how did you like the Klotz benol did it mix well at 32:1 or was it real gooey. used the supertechniplate and it was great, havent tried the benol yet. But that maxima 927 is great

Feb 13, 2009
Lol you guys are funny. You realy enjoy smelling your exhaust? Methanol and VP racing fuels all smell pretty good. When we fire up my dragster the Methanol makes your eyes burn and water.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
hot125mod said:
Kawi4life how did you like the Klotz benol did it mix well at 32:1 or was it real gooey. used the supertechniplate and it was great, havent tried the benol yet. But that maxima 927 is great

Like I said above it seemed real thick in the way it made the motor feel - wouldn't rev as high as fast and made the engine feel smoother and slower revving. Otherwise the smell was about the best I've smelled for 2-stroke oil. I also used the techniplate but that didn't smell as good as the benol.

Like I said, years of 2-strokes and trying most all brands, I had the longest lasting engines with Golden Spectro. Doesn't have that good of a smell as some other oils, but damn my top ends seem to last for ever and no smoke. Perfectly clean burning, engine revs nice and quick and feels more snappy than using something like benol.

Even the newer formula of Bel Ray didn't seem as good as Golden Spectro - as soon as I changed to Bel Ray (well I didn't change it was just the only oil available at the time) I seized my leaf blower using the same mixing ratio I used for years with Golden Spectro.

Powermist T-105 race gas + Golden Spectro = tops ends that never seem to wear out, lol. Where normally I would go through one or two tops ends in my KX250's a year, once I started using Golden Spectro exclusively I went to never needing to replace the top ends by the time I got a new bike. And yes that was racing about six times a year and practice riding almost everyday.

Low on smoke, high on performance, with great protection. I just wished it had that smell that some other oils have, heh.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
Dose anyone remember what the old Torco oil smelled like :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Jaybird, you have never smelled a sweet smelling 4 stroke? Still, one of the top reasons to go watch a pro event, smell that expensive fuel! Firepower smells better than a 2 stroke castor oil. Could it be that they have similar basic elements?

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
BMWPower said:
I just bought a gallon of Klotz R-50, but it does not smell like I though it would, its still is a great oil though. Sometimes at the track I'll be behind a 2-stroke that smells like a nitro rc car, what type of premix is he using?

Awwwwe the smell of Blendzall. When I used to ride 60cc bikes there was this guy on a Cagiva 125 and his exhaust smelled like Nitro Rc Car gas. A few of my friends (hey Mario Rodriquez and John Orcutt) and I asked him what he ran and he said Blendzall. We headed down to Moto-Moss in Oakley Calfornia that day and we each bought a bottle. And we all had that Nitro Rc Car smell. Next time I was in the shop the owner gave me a bottle of Bel-Ray Mc-1 and a bottle of PJ-1 Gold Fire and they were o.k. then I bought some Maxima Super M and never looked back. The only time I switched from Maxima oils since that first purchase was in 1994 and 1995 when I was offered a good deal from MOTUL, once that deal was over and I went back to spending my own money on oil it was right back to Maxima products.

Top Bottom