adstott

May 23, 2002
For top ends, linkages and triple clamps what is the best range of torque wrench I should get. I would like something that would be more acurate around the torque range for the head bolts because that would be what I would use it for most often.

What brand and what type should I get. Clicker, dial, electronic etc... Price is most definately a consideration.

britman

May 21, 2003
beware of the torque specs for your bike , might be, lb per sq inch ,and not ! lb per sq foot, and try and get the best you can afford !!..

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've got a 3/8" snap-on one and it's quite nice...but they're quite expensive and probably not worth it unless you're a mechanic by trade (although the new digital ones are cool as heck) Don't even waste your money on a beam style, that one Rich linked to would get the job done :thumb:

adstott

May 23, 2002
there were some snap on torque wrenches on ebay. I haven't been burned yet on ebay (knock on wood) so maybe I'll get one from there.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
britman said:
beware of the torque specs for your bike . . .
My brother reminds me of this every time I work on his bike. He had a '94 YZ250, and Yamaha comes with one of the most complete owner's manuals in the business. Well, I read the wrong line in the torque specs, and instead of about 16 inch-lbs for the front axle pinch bolts, I used 60 ft-lbs . . .

I only snapped one off before I realized what I did :|

I also tell him to quit his bitching since he's not the one working on it. :debil:

Top Bottom