what size fork springs for KLX 300? I'm a big guy

257roberts

Sep 5, 2002
I just got a '1999 KLX 300. The fork seals are leaking and they seem sort of soft too. I weigh 200#. I wanted to get the right springs when I had the forks worked on. I don't ride real aggessive but when braking hard they really collapse. I bought the shop manual for the bike but have never replaced fork seals and was thinking I'd let a shop do it for me. If the stock springs are stiff enough then I'll leave them in. I havn't had a dirt bike for 20 years, man, I have been in a time warp, this bike is really fun to ride!

257roberts

Sep 5, 2002
Thanks Gooby, I went to Racetec and went to "spring rates". I came up w/.457 ?? I would guess that would be a .45 ?? Would the Kawi dealer have these springs? or could they order them to install? I'm thinking fork seal replacement might take some special tools that might not be cost effective to use one time. Again thanks for your reply.

1999 KLX 300
1991 KTM 300 EXC ( selling, too fast for me)

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
Kawi doesn't have them oem but he could get the springs for ya.Racetech's suggestion ,if you ran that program is with the gold valves installed .The.45 may be too stiff with the stock valves,i'de ask your service tech at the shop you go to or go one rate softer ...jmo?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom