BulRider

Apr 2, 2002
Anybody have any strong opinions on what skid plate to get, or more importantly NOT to get, for granite-strewn trail riding on an XR400? Whatever I end up with will get extensive field testing for durability :aj: - they don't call them the Rocky Mountains just 'cause it sounds cool!
Thanks for any and all feedback.

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
BulRider, you may want to check out the Eline carbon fiber/Kevlar skid plate. They are touted to be very strong. I have heard good things, but don't have one personally (I live in Florida, small rocks known as sand-no need) Anyway MX south has them, I think for 109.00, tell them you are a Dirtrider.net member, they usually give a discount to us. Let us know how it works if you do. Oh, and they look really trick.
Regards

02YZRulz

Nov 13, 2001
Bulrider, If you want to go with a standard aluminum skid plate. I suggest looking at the Moose. I have seen them all and this bolted on very nicely. Some of the models seem to be too close to the linkage. This is very clean. However, if you want to go carbon fiber, I would agree with Speedway. I just put one on my '02 YZ and it is sweet. Bolts up just as nice as the Moose and really seems sturdy. I would strongly recommend either. Good Luck!

Top Bottom