gharmon

Jan 7, 2004
I have an o4 Cr85 (sons) that a month ago ran fine. We go to the track today and the thing wont run right. It bogs really bad down low and if you ride the clutch hard enough and get it in the higher rpms it will run fine there.

It makes a baaaahhhh sound like lean and I have to use the choke to recrank and rev it to the moon to run. All this seems lean but it's fouling the plug too. I checked the slow jet and it all seems fine.

Any ideas? Am I lean or rich?? Like I said it ran perfect a month ago and absolutely no changes were made. I also put in fresh gas.....

Thanks,

Gerald

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Air filter clean??What about the fuel cap breather tube,Is it clogged or bent bad?? you might try moving the clip down on the needle one spot !! It might be a good idea to take the carb. off and give it a good cleaning( disassemble it completely and blow compressed air threw every hole !! If you havent run it for a month, maybe the fuel sat up and tarnished leaving small deposits in the main and pilot?? Good luck

gharmon

Jan 7, 2004
chevy383cid said:
Air filter clean??What about the fuel cap breather tube,Is it clogged or bent bad?? you might try moving the clip down on the needle one spot !! It might be a good idea to take the carb. off and give it a good cleaning( disassemble it completely and blow compressed air threw every hole !! If you havent run it for a month, maybe the fuel sat up and tarnished leaving small deposits in the main and pilot?? Good luck

Clean filter, hose ok and I already thoroughly cleaned it. Isn't a month a little quick for the fuel to tarnish like that? At least that's what I thought.

Don't know about his one. It's got me stumped.

Thanks,

Gerald

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
gharmon said:
Clean filter, hose ok and I already thoroughly cleaned it. Isn't a month a little quick for the fuel to tarnish like that? At least that's what I thought.

Don't know about his one. It's got me stumped.

Thanks,

Gerald

The amount of time it takes for fuel to degrade depends upon the blend and storage conditions. Fuel these days is generally quite poor quality and degrades much faster than in the past. If it has been sitting in the float bowl where it is exposed to air through the vent lines, it could easily have degraded that quickly. It is unlikely, but entirely possible for fuel to degrade beyond usefulness in a month, if it is a poor blend, and in poor storage conditions for keeping fuel fresh.

gharmon

Jan 7, 2004
Rcannon said:
How fresh is your top end?

It's not very old and the compression is still quite normal feeling through the kick.

Only thing I'm a little worried about is it did seem to be blowing a little oil out of the exhaust (bad seal on clutch side) but like I said we parked it running fine a month ago and now it just runs stinky. The bottom end( seals replaced then also) isn't all that old either.

I was reading in the manual that bad seals (oil in the crankcase) would cause a rich type condition. I seem to be having more of a lean condition. Heck I don't know.

Thanks,

Gerald

gharmon

Jan 7, 2004
I took the right side cover off and noticed it right away. The seal was completely out of it's place. I put another one in and checked the other side and all was fine. Put it back together and it's back to hauling tail:-)

Thanks,

gerald

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom