What year did VForce 2's come out?

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
Just a quick question. I have a 1996 RM250 with a set of V-Force's on it, but I'm not sure if they might be a 1st series? When did the 2's come out, and what do the edges of the 1's and 2's look like, can you tell them apart without taking the manifold off? I know that the reeds themselves are carbon fiber.

And also, will the intake gasket off of a '95, or an '01 work on a '96? Rockymountain doesn't have any '96's for some reason, but the do have '95 and '01.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
They came out the week I bought mine in Oct. or Nov. of 1999. I remember because that's what happens to me. Not convinced? Here's another: I finally replace my JerryJug as no more replacement parts avail. - yes, I'm old, but not like the 'Ol ancient one - with a one of those goofy VP round jugs with the spout sticking up in the air like a spiker, and then they come out with the new-and-improved square ones. Want another? After getting back into enduros, I finally break down and buy a computer. You got it - the product supplier sells to another. Had enough yet? One more (of many available): I buy these tires for my pickup, and next time I'm in for rotation and balance I find they discontinue the model and replace it with an upgraded tread pattern; less noise too, so said the salesman. (*Shrug shoulders*)

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
Anybody remember what the V-Force 1's looked like on the edge?
And about the intake gasket interchangeability or RM250's?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…