What year did VForce 2's come out?

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
Just a quick question. I have a 1996 RM250 with a set of V-Force's on it, but I'm not sure if they might be a 1st series? When did the 2's come out, and what do the edges of the 1's and 2's look like, can you tell them apart without taking the manifold off? I know that the reeds themselves are carbon fiber.

And also, will the intake gasket off of a '95, or an '01 work on a '96? Rockymountain doesn't have any '96's for some reason, but the do have '95 and '01.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
They came out the week I bought mine in Oct. or Nov. of 1999. I remember because that's what happens to me. Not convinced? Here's another: I finally replace my JerryJug as no more replacement parts avail. - yes, I'm old, but not like the 'Ol ancient one - with a one of those goofy VP round jugs with the spout sticking up in the air like a spiker, and then they come out with the new-and-improved square ones. Want another? After getting back into enduros, I finally break down and buy a computer. You got it - the product supplier sells to another. Had enough yet? One more (of many available): I buy these tires for my pickup, and next time I'm in for rotation and balance I find they discontinue the model and replace it with an upgraded tread pattern; less noise too, so said the salesman. (*Shrug shoulders*)

SoFlo

Jul 31, 2005
Anybody remember what the V-Force 1's looked like on the edge?
And about the intake gasket interchangeability or RM250's?

Top Bottom