What year of honda 450 was a good year?

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
I am considering buying a honda crf450 and want to know what year was the best bikes made? Or what you would reccomend.
I have read a few threads here and there but still am lacking the knowledge of the best years. I have about 3000.00 bucks to spend.
I have been riding my friends 09 but it is too rich for the cost for my blood also since lou won't let me have his for the weekend. :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd say an 05 or 06, but it's not very likely that you're going to find one in those years for that price.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
INDY!!! Hey hows ya doing? Hope well since the crash. Been thinking of you! My friend just picked up a 05 for 3000.00 a few months ago and it is nice. He had a crash just in the parking lot broke his ribs and was out of the ride for the day...didn't ask to borrow it to show him what it really could do... :laugh:
I did ride my friend 05 KTM 450 he got for 3000.00 bucks but I want to stick to honda's.But thanks for the input! :nod:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm doing well thanks.. Doc said I don't need physical therapy, that I'm doing just fine on my own. I am able to bend my knee to about 55* now. Which he said was pretty good for the injury I had and the time...

Otherwise, everything is just fine.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Indy,
You only need to bend your kneee 45 degrees to ride a 4 wheeler....as you get older 4 wheels may be safer....with a crash dummy uniform of course!And a padded helmet wait possibly they make training wheel for larger dirt bikes... :laugh:

Glad your doing good!

B

biglou

I think it was an 05 that I rode that finally sold me on the red bikes. And 3-1/2 years later I bought one. :)

allUseeisRoost

Mod Ban
Apr 13, 2009
if you have $3,000 cash you should be able to walk into a dealer and finance a brand new one!! the newer the better on the four-fifts Yoshimura/Honda technology is better and better every year

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Naw,I don't like debt so it is cash or nothing. Never know what could happen..one day riding next be a broken leg and could not work, so cash it will have to be.
Lou you look great one yours...you just need some red tights to go with it! :nod:
Indy, If I was there I would throw you on the back of my bike to save you riding a 4 wheeler....just better hold on tightly as I tend to go a little fast......be careful where you is grabbin to.... :yikes:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN

Yeah, thanks for the offer.. I'd have to pass. :yikes:

I don't feel like dyin just yet. :laugh:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
05-06

I see tons of them at $3 or less on craigslist locally here. Just remember that asking price is usually what they are not sold for.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
I will look here on craigs list and spokane as that is where I have gotten most of my bikes esp. spokane and Idaho. Good deals to be had!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…