Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheBottomLine

http://atvoffroad.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1768

Isn't it funny how the atvers had no problem publicly claiming that their emperor had no clothes in the days Michigan orv issues were discussed/decided behind closed doors (where they remain today)....yet when there is obviously (above) some kind of leadership issue within the MOTORCYCLE community...the guys up here are all told to not 'dare' talk about it!

Over $4 million dollars to be spent 'behind the scenes' by 2008....not to mention 25% more trail on the ground that our DNR supposedly knows nothing about (the same issues our good buddy cycle leaders claim to be "hand-in-hand" with the DNR regarding)....yet when then the general public stands up at their long-cancelled advisory board meeting (6 months with not A WORD from ANYBODY on Michigan orv issues ahead of the most important update plan in this state's history) they are arrogantly shouted down; treated rudely and denied their full time to speak out against ANY of the above.

You guys certainly NEED new leadership. Yet you first have to pull back the curtain from what happened here (like we did with our so-called representation on the board)....and admit to the rest of this orv community that your putting up with this crap for so long (and still today) has caused this state's orv leadership to be viewed as a complete mockery around the country.

Good move, but sorry; your 'housecleaning' isn't done yet by a long shot.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
TBL what is your motive? What reason do you have for coming in here and stirring the pot? We here at Michigan Trail Riders are a family bonded together by the love of motorcycles and, for the most part, leave the political BS out of here. So if you would, kindly keep your extremist quad thoughts and arguements to yourself.

Thank you.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Lets not start the mudslinging here! You see a post, from who knows what source, merely suggesting something - totally unsubstantiated - and you then post here for what purpose? Devisiveness? To needlessly drag someones name in the mud?

I have worked for nearly 15 years in Executive level administrative positions, 10 of which in small non profit organizations, governed by volunteer boards of directors. I have seen countless peers of mine come and go from their jobs - people I know well and have complete trust and confidence in their abilities, and from organizations I know the boards of directors of quite well. I was even once one of those "sudden" disappearances from a top dog slot in a non profit organization. It was only sudden to the outside world - and not due to any type of garbage you seem to be suggesting the case is with Bill. There are MANY reasons this stuff happens - very few of which the general public really needs to or should know, and very seldom is it as you seem to suggest . And even if it is due to leadership issues, is it necessary to drag someones name around? Is it necessary to use it to divide a group that if we worked together could really make some headway? You clearly come from a "scarcity mentality" (read your Covey books)

I sure hope your suggestion of our need of leadership is not to nominate yourself...if what you have demonstrated here of your "leadership" abilities is any indication, we are all certainly doomed. (hey, I nominate you to lead the ATV side of this issue...us bikers will win for sure!)

When will you wake up and realize we need to work together, be inclusive? COOPERATE! and maybe, just maybe, we (ATV riders and Bike riders) will BOTH gain something.

Hey moderators - is there some way to do some "housecleaning" on this dufas's priviledges to post on DRN? I see no constructive value coming from him at all.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
TheBottomLine said:
http://atvoffroad.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1768

Isn't it funny how the atvers had no problem publicly claiming that their emperor had no clothes in the days Michigan orv issues were discussed/decided behind closed doors (where they remain today)....yet when there is obviously (above) some kind of leadership issue within the MOTORCYCLE community...the guys up here are all told to not 'dare' talk about it!

Over $4 million dollars to be spent 'behind the scenes' by 2008....not to mention 25% more trail on the ground that our DNR supposedly knows nothing about (the same issues our good buddy cycle leaders claim to be "hand-in-hand" with the DNR regarding)....yet when then the general public stands up at their long-cancelled advisory board meeting (6 months with not A WORD from ANYBODY on Michigan orv issues ahead of the most important update plan in this state's history) they are arrogantly shouted down; treated rudely and denied their full time to speak out against ANY of the above.

You guys certainly NEED new leadership. Yet you first have to pull back the curtain from what happened here (like we did with our so-called representation on the board)....and admit to the rest of this orv community that your putting up with this crap for so long (and still today) has caused this state's orv leadership to be viewed as a complete mockery around the country.

Good move, but sorry; your 'housecleaning' isn't done yet by a long shot.

Walgreens on the corner of Apple and Quarterline in Muskegon just got a fresh order of Prozac in.... Thought you might like to know... :ride:
Woodsy

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Politics is politics and this forum is not the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom