Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
about 2 feet.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
About negative 6 feet. I would see a jump and turn around quick.

Spider on the other hand has no self preservation fear and whatever you put in front of him he will try until he makes it. The biggest I saw him do was a115 foot triple/table combination. The one that scares me the most is the plateau at our track. You come out of a sharp s turn, in 25 feet hit a double, another 50 feet to another double, and then immediately start up the takeoff. It is about 15 feet to the takeoff and then 90 feet to the landing which again drops 15 feet with a hard left turn 30 feet from the base. The reason I fear this jump the most is if he is midpack only about 1/2 of the pack jumps it so he is threading the needle on landing. In July he got one race in after sitting out the first half of the season injured and 2 weeks later he was practicing and was scrubbng speed over this jump when on his 4th or 5 th attempt he came up short with just the rear wheel catching the top. the bike kicked him off to the bottom and then landed on him with the throttle now wide open. He ended up with a broken foot, a lot of rash, a mild concussion and a bike that was broken up pretty bad. He ended up sitting out another 3 weeks to recover enough to race.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I've don 75 foot tables before.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I think 75 feet were my actual back when I had an ounce of guts.

http://truespode.net/pics/longjump.jpg

Here is the biggest I will jump now.

http://truespode.net/pics/video/ivanjump75.wmv

Coincidentally that is the same jump that last year during practice I was coming up on a guy who did not jump the double so I had to hit the brakes and not jump. However, the guy behind me did jump and landed on me, breaking my scapula and giving me a slight concussion.

Ivan

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I jumped my two biggest 3 weeks ago, both on the same day. The first one I attempted was an 85 feet double. There was a fairly long and flat stretch before the takeoff so it really wasn't too complicated. The landing however was very short. First time I made the jump, I found it was pretty high up there. Then, in that same track, was a triple downhill plateau which I only landed in the first landing. From takeoff to first landing was about 50 feet, the other landing was 45 feet from that landing (hope I didn't lose anyone here) and way down there. Basically the jump was about 95 feet, with the landing lower than the takeoff. A friend of mine, who I was riding with that day, was doing the jump every lap. He is a top B class rider. He watched me ride and thought I was ready for the "big" jump. I was not very comfortable at trying this at all, but he assured me everything would go well and it really wasn't much harder than that 85 feet double I was doing. I said, "You know what, I'm gonna do the jump a few times like I use to, and if I feel comfortable, I MIGHT try it." (In French of course) So I try the jump two times (landing in the first landing), third time coming up, I decided to pin it. HOLY CRAP it was so high, the landing was way down there. Fortunately, I landed spot on and everything went smoothly. I did the jump again 3 or 4 times and decided the day was over before any bad luck would come and steal the fun. I still can't believe how fast and high you are on these big jumps. It's pretty fun :) Can't wait to try one over 100 feet! Gotta have to wait until next since snow will be falling down shortly here in Quebec.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Wow looks like a pretty impressive one :cool:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
60. My son has done it on his 65 but it has always scared him a little, last time he did it he wrecked. I probably fly 65-70 feet on it on a good day. Of course there are a lot of shorter jumps that I won't do, often because I don't like the way it is built. On the same track as the 60 is a 40 that I seldom clear.

Mar 16, 2007
I am quite proud of myself, I hadnt been on a bike in over 10 years, I rode for about 1 yr as a kid on a 80. so I recently went out and bought a bike. I have now been riding for 2 months and in 2 months time I can clear a 60 ft table top everylap. I have been a member of the forum for a while and owned my bike for a while but never had time to ride. but i have been going riding about 3-4 days a week now, and at the end of 2 months bam I finnaly accomplished clearing the biggest jump at the track everylap. next step is being able to blitz those woops and start haulin ass thru the corners.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
110' at Monster Mountain, but it was such as fast, low height jump that it was much less difficult than most half that distance.

Nikki, I think the camelback on the back straight at Cooperland was more challenging than the step-up. I think I walked it off at about 90'. Most of the pictures show the person above the middle hump which doesn't really show how high you get off the takeoff or how far down it is to the bottom when you land. For me, the hard part was never knowing until I got in the air whether I had hit it right (just hard enough to make the downside) or too hard (I landed almost to the bottom a couple of times). What was wierd was I thought I had hit it the same every time.

Here's Will Pattison from the landing side:

WillP_Big1.jpg

Will from the takeoff side:

Will_Over_Gomer3.jpg

Some old, fat guy:

Gomer_Camelback.jpg

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Nice pics!

I haven't really tried tricks yet so the only thing I can do is no footers/no handers and a combination of both. Next year I hope to be able to do the nac nac, such an awesome trick!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Mine is about 65 or so feet. I haven't been able to ride for a long time now but I will not get rid of my bike. I'll be back riding soon.

BTW, I'm still faster than Ivan! :laugh:

Top Bottom