whats wrong with thumpertalk.com?

Simmo

Mar 18, 2001
I use this site and thumpertalk for advice etc
but i've noticed thumpertalks boards are empty, anyone have any idea whats wrong? ':think'

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
I've noticed the same thing. I even submitted a new thread today to see what would happen and the new topic was accepted as if nothing was wrong but when I was thrown back to the discussion area it was again empty. My new thread was not there. I suspect they are having technical problems of some sort. I emailed the administrator but got no response. This could be bad - there were a lot of good threads on the YZ/WR250F. I hope everything is not lost. :(

BCooper

Aug 9, 2000
It's the gray wire! disconnect it and Thumpertalk will run like it is supposed too!

Yeah, I'm having Thumpertalk withdrawls too. :think Hmmm, maybe Yamaha realized that we were figuring out too many secrets on the WR and had the site hacked to remove all the valuable info that was there. ;)
I'm sure Bryan has everything backed-up so maybe he'll get her back up and running soon. I certainly hope so!!!!!
Coop

Last edited:

markkaw

Aug 6, 1999
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm glad it's the site and not my computer! Sometimes using a Mac makes you think the world is out to get you! Anyway, hope the forums are back up soon.

Mark

B

biglou

I saw zero posts in the discussions also. I used the Email notice links after I got replies to a thread I posted two days ago and it took me to my thread. But in the last two days I haven't seen any posts in the DRZ discussion area.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I suspect it is Taffy.
He probably hatched some virus that killed his website.
Maybe he changed the name to TaffyTalk...

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Whew, I thought the IT guys at my work finally cought on and instead of blocking it they somehow decided to really screw with me!! :p I'm going through withdrawls!!

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Hey folks,

Boy is tyhe dirt bike community a small one:)

I'm surprised to see DR leave this post up, Thanks DRN.

I have been in contact with Bryan and he is working on it. I'm going to talk with him later today and I'll post the status here, if the thread is still here;)

Thanks for you patience.

vetwfo'er

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
I go both sites, I have been having TT withdrawal too. I could access the yamaha pages but not the DRZ page. I thought Suzuki hacked the site cause of the watering out of DRZ's;)

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
I just talked to Bryan and there is a problem with the company that supplies access to the web. We're concerned because they are not answering their tech support phone line........OH NO!

Vetwfo'er

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I was just about to ask the same question here.

Lets hope this is not too serious, they had some great info in the DRZ.

Kali, speak to Bryan, maybe he can set up a TTR discussion board in the Yamaha section.

:silly:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by kalitude

Anyone know what carb I should run with my 150 kit?

I've got a left over Jikov you can have.:)

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
The biggest, shiniest, Titanium alloy, with extra jetting capcity and gravity flow return spring barrels that'll cause your TTR to shot flames and scare away the competition! :confused: ;) :p

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
A Macintosh? ? ? ? ? ? ?

well I thinks that if they WERE running one, it would still be up!!!!
:p

HR
:cool:
{yep there are more PC's than MACs, but then there are more Cockroaches than humans, go figure. . . . . :confused: }

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
I thought maybe they kicked me out.... Imagine that happening....... TO ME !! ;)
I thought maybe my last comment to someone asking about knee braces and me saying I have land for sale in Florida got me booted :)
Hope it comes up soon. I have really come to like that site.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Man, we are such refuges, ejected from our thumper E country. I see some post up, but my PW is no good, I will try to re register, I think it may have been a joint, Yamaha, Suzki attack!

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Yup, My passsword ain't workin either. I'm going to wait it out a little while longer and see what kinda magic Bryan can pull before I re register. If everyone has to rerigster I'm not going to know who anyone is!!!

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Bryan,

Is working on the problems, I spoke to him yesterday and his not quite sure what is going on. It may be the site is to big for the server and bandwidth he has........We'll have to wait and see???

I guess it sucks to be popular;)

vetwfo'er

I'll keep ya posted

Simmo

Mar 18, 2001
hmmm its down again, nevermind i see that the problems being attended to. Its really a great site, it would be a shame to lose it.

Top Bottom