Darryl K

Oct 10, 2001
Just curious what everyone else is running for a rear tire. I'm looking for something that is good for mud and rock ( large gravel ) but decent performance on hardpack....you know the perfect intermediate terrain tire. I would prefer deep knobs and a cheap price as well as best place to order. :think

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Dunlop calls the 756 a soft terrain tire, but IMO it works great everywhere. Long deep knobs, holds up well, and doesn't chunk bad in rocks unless your spinning it with a high power bike.

Sage has some great prices and good selection on tires - check out his link in his signature.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I run Michelin S-12s in the back, M-12s in the front. Great tires, with excellent traction and phenominal tread life. I get a set for $109 from Hiper Sports, including shipping.

Mar 31, 2000
I've been running a Barum Stone King on my KDX. I plan on replacing it with the same thing, if I can ever wear out the first one I bought...
Works great on all terrain and really shines on rocks, roots, mud and all the nasty wet stuff. this tire has outlasted every tire I've tried by far. and I paid about $ 80 for it. If you end up looking for one be sure to look under "Mitas Cross" if you can't find one under the Barum name.

jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
choices, choices

depends on where you ride, eh?

ditto on the dunlop 756. regardless of the crap i've got when running it, i found it to be a pretty good all-round tire. i't's off the bike now (loads up to much in the REAL mud), but with one sharp end left, i'll return it to service late-spring.

can't go much wrong with an M5B for all-round, either. and they're a dandy mud/sand tire. and they hold up like champs. and they have huge blocks that will hold up well to studs (if you're so inclined).

i run S12's front & rear, from the time it starts raining in the fall, 'till it dries out real good late-spring/early-summer. i use a 140 on the rear. it has much larger knobs that the smaller S12's.

nice thing about the S12's is that the side-hill traction is great. they'll hang, where the M5B's will slide. and as long as i run the air pressure real low (no more than 6 pounds this time of year), i can't tell much differrence in drive between them and the M5B's.

one set will last me all through the winter.

Top Bottom