Where do you practice? How often?

bizzow

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2000
My situation is much like skabeebs. I drive 45 min to an MX track that has about 1/2 mile of trails, once a week, on either Sat. or Sun. I spend most of my time on the track, riding 20 to 30 minute sessions. In the metro-Atlanta area, once you find a trail it will either be closed down the next week or you may just run into a new housing developement, literally running into someone's backyard. The rate of developement here is amazing. So, I just save my time (and disappointment) and go straight to the track and work on turns, braking, body position, ruts, lofting the front wheel, etc. and jumps (for harescrambles). I only dream about riding during the week this time of year. I'm rarely at home during daylight hours from November to March. Weekends are all I've got, and I'll go if it's 30 degrees or 100 degrees. I do love this sport. :)

tbank55

Oct 11, 2001
I live in louisiana, unfortunatly 1.5 hours from the closest practice area.
I did race clanton for the first time last year and finished. I've rode the sera circut for the first time last year c class. At 36 i feel that i ride average, one thing that i feel helped me the most outside of practice was going to the gym. before that race i was running three mile on the treadmill three times a week.
the endurance gained saved my butt. As for as practice the best I can do is onc or twice every three weeks.

Top Bottom