How many rides/hrs/miles do you get from....

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Just wondering how often you guys have to change your plugs. Maybe also tell what kind of riding you most often do.

I have about 90+miles (4 rides) on my plug and it looks fine.
What do these things look like when they are shot?

Muchas Gracias!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i change the plug every time i do a top end, about once a year or so.

i haven't fouled a plug in years.

Last edited:

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Thanks, kind of what I was thinkin but was to sheepist to say.
My bike is burnin a deep mocha on the plug(maybe a bit rich which I like since I trail ride and like keep my top end rich enough) and it looks sweet so far.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I'm not always on que with keeping my bike jetted so I just change the plug about once a month, even though it usually doesn't really need it. I change it just for the added security that it'll start 100% of the time at the start gate.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
When ever needed... which better not be more than once a year! The stock jetting on the YZ's a little fat for the hotter days, but perfect in the fall!

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Have any of you tried riding around on a track with your season old plug, then put in a new plug and ride around again? My friend just changed his plug out after it being in for last season and the beginning of this, and the bike seems to run a lot better. Throttle response and top end seem to better quite a bit better. So I would think that changing the plug maybe once a month would keep bike running its best.

B

biglou

I change mine whenever I think about it. Usually before a race if it's been in there for a while. Never really noticed any difference after changing one. I'd bet I could go a year or more with either big bike, but I don't. More like a couple months or so.

Top Bottom