Where is Battlesburg (in Waynesbug, Oh)?

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
I got the flyer for the BUCCS (Buddy-Up Cross Country Series) at Crow Canyon, and noticed that round one was raced at Battlesburg in Wahynesburg, Oh. Does anyone know where that is or what the riding is like?

Here's some advise for riding at Crow Canyon - don't ride the trails without barkbusters :eek: I did yesterday, and my hands are still hurting. Maybe I should harder to avoid trees :confused: Anyhoo - great riding! I'd encourage anyone within driving distance to check it out. Tons of trails - different stuff, too. From technical to wide open and 2 motocross tracks. I really want to see this guy make a good go of it, since it's practically in my back yard!

Dan Reed

Feb 5, 2001
j, Battlesburg MX is off of SR 43 just North of Waynesburg, maybe 3-5 miles. friends have practiced mx there and heard that the trails connect to Elson St. riding park. I didnt know they did hare scrambles also at Battlesburg. been to Elson? We rode there Sat. b'cuz I couldn't see coughin' up $40. plus entry fee for the privledge of doing business with the AMA. (Even though I would rather ride at Crow Canyon any day)

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
Dan,
Yeah, I rode Elson St. last year, but heard it's changed. Has it changed since last year? Bigger ruts? Fewer trails? I'll keep riding Crow Canyon mostly, but like to check other places out.

Dan Reed

Feb 5, 2001
J,
I would say it's definately changed re: trail condition, deeper ruts, gnarly roots, alot slower going this year, which comes in handy when meeting up with one of the many quads. Since we're finally getting alot of rain this week it will be mudfest for a while. I plan to be @ Crow Canyon this Sat. I can't seem to get enough of the place! I'll keep an eye out for you. We'll be in a gold jeep cherokee (if your there)

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
Steve,
It's in Uhrichsville, Ohio, right off Rt. 250. Assuming you are coming from the north, you take 77 South to New Philadelphia, then get on 250 East. From there it is about 5 miles. You stay on 250 until you are sitting at a stop light in Uhrichsville (cross road is McCauley Drive). You will have a McDonalds on the left and a used car lot on the right. Turn right onto McCauley drive. You will pass a KFC, then the road curves to the right. You will then see Big Wheelie Skate Center (a roller rink). You turn at the roller rink (left). Look straight ahead and you will see a sign for Crow Canyon. You will then take a right, then almost immediately take a left. The gate (hopefully!) will be open! Check out the website at crowcanyonmx.com for times.

What is it like? It has a pretty big MX track, a pee wee MX track and miles of trails. THe trails vary from tight and technical to pretty wide open. They are mixed really well. By that I mean you can be riding in tight woods for 1/2 mile or so, then break into wide open. Enjoy.

Dan Reed

Feb 5, 2001
Steve-O,
You are in for a treat... if you like Elson St. @ $10. you'll love Crow Canyon @ $15. And you don't have to quit riding by 7pm or get locked in like the new hours at Elson St.
Where else do you guys go to ride trails in NE Ohio? It Would be nice if there were a List or guide put together for various regions of places to ride don't you think? I would really like to find a place close enough to ride trails in the eve. during the week...any Ideas?

whtkdxtra

May 23, 2000
Thanks for the info guys,
I can't wait to try out crow canyon. Unfortunately, there just aren't very many places to ride in NE Ohio. We used to ride in Garfield Hts. but that's closed now. We usually go to Elson St., Bear Creek, Wayne's national forest, or Marienville in PA. My son likes to ride motox tracks so we hit a few of those too. Hope to see ya out on the trails sometime. :cool:

Dan Reed

Feb 5, 2001
Steve, I used to race flat-track at Bear Creek... Same place? Do they still have open trail riding? If so when, and what would the cost be? Got a contact phone # for them? What kind of terrain/ trails?

Thanx in advance
Dan

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
Dan,
I'm not sure of the Bear Creek phone number, but you can call directory assistance. The phone is listed in East Sparta, Oh, but I have no idea why. I go up 77, get off at Bolivar, then take whatever-road-it-is that parallels Rt. 77, then follow the signs. I rode there once. The trails were ok, but nothing to brag about. I do remember one huge hill that quad guys (and some nut on a CR) were trying to climb.
Hope this helps you.
John

whtkdxtra

May 23, 2000
Dan,
The phone number is 330-484-3901. The price is $10 for adults and $5 for kids. I get off at the Fohl Rd. Navarre exit from 77. AS jfurniss said, the trails are ok, nothing to brag about, but it's not usually crowded and it's fun. The flat track is still there but in poor condition.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom