Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
My nextdoor neighbor just picked up a 99yz125 that needs some work but has a fresh motor and stuff. It needs quite a few bolts and nuts. Where can i find various metric bolts and nuts? Also a radiator cap. Can we pick up a cap w/ the same specs(they are by pressure right?) at pepboys or somewhere? The one from yamaha is $40.

Bullwinkle58

Apr 23, 2004
To save yourself a headache, buy the factory Yamaha radiator cap. That way you know it is good.

As for the missing bolts, there is a company that sells bolt kits for every major brand of bike. Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the company.

Last edited:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Look under fasteners in the phone book. I get all my nuts and bolts from a local fastener supplier. It's much cheaper than the dealership and better quality than most hardware store fasteners.

Steve

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
i got a rad cap at pepboys. Its rated at 13lbs. The stock one opens around 13.5- 17.5 lbs. will this work?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It will work it will just have a lower boiling point, I'd find one with a higher rating myself but I also live in Texas.

cr2504life

May 17, 2004
Patman said:
It will work it will just have a lower boiling point, I'd find one with a higher rating myself but I also live in Texas.
I think he means that the coolent will come out the over flow easier or at a lower pressure. correct??

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
If you know the size and twist of the bolts you need, I have found that McMaster sells high quality bolts.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bodge said:
Will 1/2 a pound make that much of a difference? The guy wont be riding it hard either.
Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I just prefer to error on the high side in this case because the cap will do nothing but loose tension from the time you install it anyway.

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
someone on eBoy is selling fastener kits for specific bikes. I think they're the tekbolt kits. fairly inexpensive

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom