where to buy needle and seat

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
trying to find new needle and seat for the ol' 87. Dennis Kirk-backorder, Sudco-not seeing them, Carbparts.com-not seeing them, anyone have any info for these?

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Pass, but
As an intermediate fix you can drill the jet out (from inside, remove from carb of course) so the float needle seats on a different hopefully undamaged part.

Then drop a small ball bearing in the jet & give it a smart tap with a centrepunch. The float will need to be adjusted so level isn’t too high as needle sits further in. Test on bike.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
where on ronayers did you find it, i only see parts for street bikes?

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
Thanks all

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Ron Ayers carries every OEM Kawasaki part, a lot of them won't show up on the part search on the website... just call them. Ask for Chip, tell 'em Mike Coker sent ya ;) And they're SUPER cheap, by far the cheapest OEM parts seller I've come across

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
My mind generally works in Mikuni land so having trouble with Kehien visualisation. But only the nastiest small commuter carbs don’t have replaceable float needle seats. You aren’t confusing with the Needle jet which isn’t replaceable like a Mikuni?

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
my 87 does have a removable needle seat, and actually got one on the way--dennis kirk ended up having them...

howdy jason

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom