Where to buy sprocket, topend kit etc

nathansdad04

Apr 29, 2005
My son wants to try his first race(9yrs old) and I need to replace the front and rear sprocket and needs a complete top-end kit. Who has the best prices? What brands are pretty good. I was thinking about wiseco topend kit and rethal or sunstar sprockets.
I know general maintenance stuff etc, but I have no what brand(s) are better than others.
I'm looking for good quality, but not exotic top shelf parts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Almost forgot...I need a chain too.

Fultoncm

Apr 14, 2005
I haven't found any place cheaper to get the Wiseco pistons then www.midwestactioncycle.com. They ship super fast too and are in the midwest so they can get stuff shipped ground to anywhere in the U.S. in like 3 days.

One place I would not recommend is www.ronayers.com. I ordered parts from there and their communication skills are horrible. They also screwed up my shipping request and my parts are coming super late.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I asked the same question a month back about sprockets and i decided on a JT steel rear. It was cheap and will last a long time. If you want aluminum it won't last quite as long, but sunstar, tag, renthal are all nice but a little pricey.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I'd get JT Steel sprockets. Inexpensive and seem to last a long time. I've been using them since I got my bike a year ago. I've got 2 or 3 fronts and 2 or 3 rears of various brands, but my primary rear was a JT and I used it all season - it was on the bike 80-90% of the time.

You can sometimes find new Wiseco pistons cheap on that large auction site that we can't mention here . . .

klikboom

Mar 1, 2006
Go with an aluminum sprocket. They save so much weight, and that is rotating mass. They also last quite a while. An easy choice if you hold both sprockets in your hands.

Top Bottom