ezrider

Aug 20, 2002
Everywhere I try to go ride always seems there is no tresspasing. So I look for somewhere else to ride. I know about Rampart and the tracks. Anywhere I can just ride?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Actually there are a few very good places. The best person to talk to is Bradley at Fun Wheels in Longmont Colorado. That guy knows more about Colorado trail riding than any 6 others out there.

I moevd to New York last year ... because of a lot of things ..one being the need to have riding places.

A few places to ride:

You found Rampart Range. Its very good especially during the week days.

VDR has around 150 acres. Its the place just south west of the Berthoud Exit off I-25

The motocross track in Milliken is a nicer track.

There is a track in Erie.

There are a lot of trails in the Left Hand Canyon just north of Boulder. Some are extreemly technical and you need someone like Brad to show you around there.

BUT the place I had the best time trail riding was not in Colorado...it was in Wyoming. Look at a map and find "wycolo" west of Laramie. Its very close to where 230 crosses the Colorado border. There is a huge parking lot about 1/4 mile west of Wycolo....and hundereds of miles of trails in the Medicine bow National Forest that you have access to from that parking lot...but bring a GPS or you can get horribly lost.

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
If you want to ride trails, try Taylor Park. Located west of Buena Vista over Cottonwood Pass. There are miles & miles of trails there. Yuo can even ride over Taylor Pass to Aspen. I went there last year on 4-wheelers & had a blast! Wanted to go this year with dirt bikes, but logistics just didn't workout. Will be going there next year for sure!! It may be a little late, but you might get some riding before the snows. What part of Colorado do you live? Got a brother-in-law living in the Springs.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Well I can name about 50 places. Where do you live, how far do you want to go?

If you're looking for a place "Close" to the front range to trail ride, (like riding out of your back door) prolly ain't gonna happen, but there is riding in Rand, Granby, Idaho Springs, Breckenridge, US 285 near Grant, Woodland park, etc...

Go to the bike shop and get the Motorcycle trails of Colorado maps, lots of places for you to explore.

Rod

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Where at EZ? I'm off of Colfax and Kipling.

The Grant area is Red Cone/Webster Pass. Take US 285 about 6 miles past Grant, You'll see a big green CDOT sand shed on the left, about 100 yards past that you'll see a blue county road sign on the right. That's the entrance to Red Cone. If you start up Kenosha pass you've gone too far.

You'll go through some cabins then the road ends at a camp area. From there you can ride up the trail. Go straight and you can go up over Webster, to Radical Hill and if you push through, you'll end up in Breckenridge, go right and you'll go up Red Cone (4 rated Jeep trail and a killer view) complete Redcone and you'll end up on Webster pass.

PM me if you need more.

Rod

KingKabong

Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by weimedog

VDR has around 150 acres. Its the place just south west of the Berthoud Exit off I-25

What type of riding is this? Sounds like it's pretty close to me, I'm in Broomfield. What does VDR stand for?

-Eric

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
VDR is Valley Dirt Riders. The 150 acres are a combo of MX Track and a small "trail" system behind it. We only go in the middle of winter when Rampart and mountains are snowed in. They hold several hare scrambles up there through the winter. It is the track you can see on the west side of I-25 around exit 252.

KingKabong

Aug 30, 2002
Ah, sounds good, I'll check it out. Sounds like a good place for novices? My wife and I are just getting our wheels back under us... I'm getting tired of riding around the yard... heh...

D

djembesforall

king

Hi,

I am moving to Fort Collins on 2007 from northern Michigan. I am in the process of selling a new 650klr indural (street and trail legel) to buy a new dirt bike. I just downed on me that maybe I would be better off keeping the 650 do to the fact that their may not be may options to ride moto trails.

Can you fill me in on any info?
Are there may trails in Colorado, or in Fort Collins?
I would hate to make the swap and have my new 350 four stroke dirt master sitting in the shed. If I kept the 650 at least I could ride the road and some mellow dirt.

Please any info, numbers, addresses, web-sites or what ever would be perfect.

Thanks.

corider33

May 7, 2006
djembesforall said:
Hi,

I am moving to Fort Collins on 2007 from northern Michigan. I am in the process of selling a new 650klr indural (street and trail legel) to buy a new dirt bike. I just downed on me that maybe I would be better off keeping the 650 do to the fact that their may not be may options to ride moto trails.

Can you fill me in on any info?
Are there may trails in Colorado, or in Fort Collins?
I would hate to make the swap and have my new 350 four stroke dirt master sitting in the shed. If I kept the 650 at least I could ride the road and some mellow dirt.

Please any info, numbers, addresses, web-sites or what ever would be perfect.

Thanks.

There are a good amount of places to ride near Fort Collins. About a half an hour south is the VDR area mentioned before. Half an hour west and you can do mountain trails (Moody Hill and Crystal Mountain), and 40 mins east is the Pawnee National Grassland area.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom