Where to Ride In KY, Woods

Jonesy920

Nov 26, 2002
Can anyone please list some links to riding areas in KY.. Just got back from a great trip near clay city

deagle

May 21, 2001
Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes. 2300 acres, a little something for everyone. Try www.lbl.org then go to recreation then OHV.

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
I went to lbl monday and had a good time. If you have not been, it is a great place for families and group riding.

deagle

May 21, 2001
Mark,
You must have lost my phone number cause I never get the call to ride. Actually I work Mondays and you must be off. We have been working on a few trails lately at a buddy of mines with some guys from the club and Tom. Let me know if you want to help this Sunday. I am taking this coming Monday off and your more than welcome to go along if you like. CMRA opens that day and a friend and myself are going.

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
You can take a look at EXit 49 off of I-75, once you get off the exit you are there. It has about 40-60 miles of trails & a little bit of everything.

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
hey dan,

yea, I have monday and tuesdays off. lucky me. Tara got a crf150 and rode it for the first time on monday. I am available on most mondays and tuesdays to ride. I would be happy to help out but any day except m and t are out. just let me know. thanks

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by jsmith811
You can take a look at EXit 49 off of I-75, once you get off the exit you are there. It has about 40-60 miles of trails & a little bit of everything.

Aside from that there is a gas station there at the trail head. Just look for the Livingston exit. It shouldn't be too bad this time of year but once it starts to warm up it gets packed!

There have been rumors flying around that it is going to be closed but that's all they are. The downside is that it's an active logging area and there is no medical support if someone gets hurt. Another thing, Darwinism is in serious effect there, Moose and I got quite a few double takes for riding in full gear and be on the look out for jokers in trucks and jeeps DWI'ing.

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
A few years ago someone was telling me about riding in the Daniel Boone National Forest. They said that they went to London, KY, off of I-75.

I've looked at a web site for DBNF and the trial maps gave me the impression that there wasn't much trail at each of the parking areas and that you had to move from parking area to parking area in order to get any milage in.

Anyone know the area or the system? Several of us like to make spring and fall trips to new and different riding areas. We've been to Hatfield-McCoy twice now and are looking to try something new.

Thanks,
Bruce

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Bruce,

I moved to Charlotte a little over a year ago from Cincinnati. I've seen your name from the NCHSA site. I didn't get to hit many races last year with some broken bike, new house, $$ issues but I'm definitely hitting the whole series next year. I lived up the road from Anderson and rode with those guys some. Anyway we used to hit Daniel Boone. There is a place in Livingston that you want to stay away from. It's just like an area off I-75 full of drunks and goon buggies. There is a portion of the state forest called Red Bird. I will have to dig up the info but there is a site out there. It is a 65 mile loop. We did it 3 times. It was once supposedely one of the toughest trails in the east (4-5 ' stone steps etc) and was all singletrack! i.e Scott Summers playground. Unfortunately they had the bright idea to ruin it so a quad could pass through. What we found is alot of the old singtrack parrallells the new trail and theres a lot more to be explored. A GPS would really be handy. Even the loop as it it is is still a blast but we always wondered what we were missing. I would like to try Brushy Mountain this weekend-have you been there. Drop me an e-mail or post back here if you want some more info. I'd love to tag along if you guys make the trip!

Mark Johnston

deagle

May 21, 2001
Mark,
Don't worry about helping on Sundays. It's only going to be about a 3 or 4 mile loop but it's close to me. Great place to go after work this spring and summer. Put about 10 hard laps in and still be back at home by 8:00pm. We are going to Winchester this Monday. It's going to be cold but at least it will be dry. That is the first day it opens back up and I am taking a guy who started working here with me. He has the KTM250 4-Stroke and has gone to Turkey Bay with me a few times. CMRA will be his first tight singletrack experience with his bike. You or Tara have my number if you want to tag along. We are leaving my place around 8:30am on Monday morning.

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't been to Brushy Mtn yet, but everyone that I've spoken to says its great.

A bunch of us at the shop I work at try to make two annual rides each year, one in the spring, the other in the fall. This past year we went to Hatfield McCoy both times, so we're kicking around the idea of someplace different this time around. We've got bikes & ATV's, and we prefer to camp.

The guy that told me about DBNF was saying that they stayed at a Days Inn right off of I-75 & that the trails ran directly behind the motel parking lot. I don't remember a lot of details, but from what I can remember it sounded like it might be fun.

Tell Anderson I said to get some sleep!!! *LOL* Like that s gonna happen anytime real soon now!!!

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
I have only ridden in KY a few times in only a couple places. The place that I really liked the best and probably my favorite of everywhere I have ridden is 909 off of 75.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…