max621

Jul 12, 2002
I've seen a few posts from members in Raleigh and I'm wondering, where do you guys practice? Besides Archers Lodge I don't know of any other tracks near by. Are there any? Would love to have somewhere else to go practice without having to drive a couple of hours.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Hey!

Glad to have another member from raleigh.

I practice at archers lodge most every weekend.(as a matter of fact i will be there today) There is another track here, in sanford which is a 1 hour drive. ( www.homestead.com/devilsridgemx )

They have a practice sept 21 and a race sept 22, I will be attending both of those, and so will a few other drn'ers.

Within an hour of raleigh, those are the only two tracks i know of.

www.ncdirtrider.com is a good track resource.

max621

Jul 12, 2002
Devils Ridge is fun. Let me know when you'll be out at Archer's Lodge and we'll run some laps together. Think I might go on Thursday after work. If only the track were a little better I'd like it more. Still, a lot can be practiced there.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Bummer, I just went yestersay! (wendsday)

I will be there monday afternoon... that will probably be the last time before the 22nd... as i will be out of town this weekend.

I had a great ride there wed. though. Track was dry and slick as usual, and was pretty bumpy, but any riding is good riding! If you do go thursday, watch out for the jump on the back straight before the whoops. The face is extremely rutty and it has a big kicker. I almost ate it more than once!

That track does have some great berms though. Jumping from berm to berm is great fun.

max621

Jul 12, 2002
Can't make monday, but maybe I'll see you there at some point. My number is 621 on a YZ 250. BTW I understand they are going to rework the track, might even add to it. Keep your fingers crossed. Iv'e heard this before but I tend to think this time it will happen.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Yup! Were pretty good friends with mr. parker, he said that they were going to widen it and prep it for racing! I heard around the middle of october?

That track has potential

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
I almost hit one of Mr. Parkers pigs in the sand berm :scream: What happened to East Carolina MX in Kenly? Did they close? I moved north a couple of years ago and haven't been back.

vetwfo'er

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Mr. Parker sold all of his pigs. ( I actually got to eat some BBQ from one at a store down the street)

Now he has goats. I have almost hit one on many occasions.

I havent been to kenly. Its pretty close, but i've heard that it has a bunch of huge and dangerous obstacles.
One of these days i may ride there.

max621

Jul 12, 2002
Kenly is a lot of fun. I talked to Rodney today and asked him if they were going to start having practices again. Told me that they were probably going to start doing it every other weekend.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom