2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ride an '03 RM250. I know in the last recent years that Suzuki's clutches have remained the same. And... they're the weak link. After a handful of rides I put in a Hinson basket (just like my son's 125). Suzuki's friction plates aren't much better. I have to de-glaze every couple rides...no matter what oil I use. Who's had good luck with aftermarket friction plates? And if so, what company? Someone told me KX250 plates would go right in...but I don't think so. thanks

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive had 2 RMs and i abuuse the clutch, i use valvoline 10/40 and ive not had big issues.

for that reason, i would suggest the ProxX clutch plates from LASleeve- they are OEM, but not OEM price.

ive never hear of a good experience with any of the aftermarket stuff. but the kx plate swap is an interesting idea.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I know the KX plates slip right in for the 125 can't confirm the 250. FWIW after throwing a Barnett clutch kit into my son's 03 125 and a buddy of his running a DP clutch kit in his 03 I'll stick to OEM plates for our 05.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom