Apr 26, 2007
Hi there,

My 14yr son would like me to join him on ride days, he knows I love ridding. He is on a 98 CR125, I have limited riding experience (a pee wee 50 type bike when I was 9) however enjoy mountainous trail and junior MX tracks when I borrow his bike now, and would like to have an honest attempt at a few jumps. I am 175cm tall weigh 76kg, and fit I imagine the more I ride the more aggressive I will be although I will not race.

I am interested in the mechanical side and have just put in a new piston kit into my sons bike. I like a light feeling bike. Happy to do servicing and general mechanical myself. I don't know enough about 4 strokes to have a bias to them...but they do sound great. Brand wise I tend to look at the Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and some Kawasaki. As I am covering the costs of both my son and I I don't have mounds of cash for me.

I live in Australia, and have a 1.5h hour drive to our ridding area.

I have seen a 2004 YZ 250F is there a better bike option for me?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Apr 26, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
I am 175cm tall, 76kg weight

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Moderate

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
MX & Mountainous Trail

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes basic off road and learner level street ridding

5) Do you think you will race ?
Will not race

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Yes can understande workshop manuals and have worked on cars for 20+ years

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
No preferance, the 4 stroke sounds good for reliability, but expensive to service.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
The major brands are available.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
I am looking at the second hand market, so I guess that indicates not a large amount of $$$

10) Do you live in California?
No I am in Australia

11) Your age?
45yrs old
I have seen a 2004 YZ 250F is a bike for me?

Top Bottom