tsnobaddays

Feb 11, 2008
1) your physical size? 6'4'' 180lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Ride MX on my quad pretty aggresive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX some Trails every now & then
4) Do you have any riding experience? I've rode a few bikes but not really
5) Do you think you will race? Maybe
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I like the way the Honda looks ,but no big preferance. 4-stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? All brands close by
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? New
10) Do you live in California? N
11) Your age? 24
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. I was looking at the 250's and I don't know if that would be enough power once I started getting used to riding dirt bikes ,but I don't want to get a 450 and it be overwhelming.

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
dont worry about it being overwhelming. i just got my yz250, which is powerful as mess, and i have never rode a dirt bike before. it's all just a matter of getting used to it. after you ride it a while and get used to it.... like i'm having to do..... it will be no big deal. by the way, my neighbor, who is only 12 years old, and like a foot shorter than you has a crf450f, he rides it pretty good, and he's about to get another one so, take that into consideration.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If you want a 4-stroke MX'er, then the 450 is your best option at your size. A 250F would probably feel too small and a little underpowered. I am 5'5" 140 lb., and have raced a 450 a few times, the power is pretty smooth, so it's not too bad.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom