Which Chest Protector?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm going to be getting a chest protector soon, and can't decide which one. I'm stuck between the Fox Airframe, No Fear Stratos or Troy Lee Designs Body Guard. I'm 5'9 or 10" (I think), about 145lbs and pretty skinny. Please help me, thanks.

rc331

Jun 18, 2002
I can't comment on the troy lee or no fear chest protectors but we bought my youngest son an airframe and after one minor crash one shoulder pad is broken. The shoulder pads on the airframe seem to be made out of a plastic that is more brittle than the fox roost 2. We will not buy another airframe but will stick with the roost 2. :confused:

just my 2 cents worth.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm leaning more towards the No Fear Stratos, it seems to be the best one. I'm going to Edmonton and plan on buying a chest protector there, so hopefully they'll have them there so I can try them on and decide. Thanks.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
IMHO, nothing has better coverage than any of the Acerbis mocels. I have the Zoom II. It is outstanding.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Hey Speedy-
I'm 6'1, and pretty well built, and my Stratos feels loose on me, so I'm concerned that it'll be to big for you....

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I tried on a Troy Lee. It's relatively small and close fitting. very comfortable. BTW - don't get a chest protector w/o suspended shoulders!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'll see. I've read that the stratos fits smaller riders, and that's me. I'm not sure about the Body Guard, it is more than the Airframe and Stratos, and it doesn't come with upper arm guards, which would be useful on the trails to protect from branches, rocks, etc. I'm going to try on the chest protectors before I buy one. Thanks for the help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…