Which helmet is best from selection???

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
well i ordered a thor svr2 helmet the other day and just received notice that they are out of the size i need in every svr2 design scheme they had. Must be because the good ol holidays comming up. Anyways the svr2 i ordered was a great price but now all i can find them for is around $250 and I cant afford that plus other gifts for surrounding family memebers so i have found a few other deals and would like to know which is the best helmet for the right price. Here is what i found.......

Bell Moto 7 brand new leftover for $139
M2R Revelation Lusk replica (new) $90
M2R Revelation Langston replica(new) $90
Fox Pro Pilot Stewart replica(new) $140

Any help ASAP would be great so I can buy this before the holidays hit home. Also if anyone knows about sizing such as if certain ones run big or small. All you help is appreciated so LETS GIT IT ON with the replys :laugh:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
i think i like the bell 7 helmet also but it doesn't seem like there is much room in front of the helmet for your chin, nose and everything. looks like a tight fit. Will the goggles have plenty of room to fit in there or is it a tight fit? The M2R's look nice but would love to hear more opinions of the helmets listed I can purchase. Thanx again

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
My son ran the M2R Pastrana Replica this season and we were happy with the helmet. Very light and the fit was good for him, $90 is a steal for those 2 replica's we paid $199. Not sure about the sizing on the M2R's as he had been growing so we really don't have a reference to a previous brand for sizing.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
The M2R helmet looks like the way to go, but i do like the bell moto 7. I'm going to go to my local dealer and try on the Bell but i know they dont carry the M2R. I have been reading the M2R's run big. In a HJC AC X2 an xl is very snug. Some were saying if you wear an xl in HJC go to a large for M2R. If the HJC xl is kinda tight for me think the M2R XL will be good? I think I am going to avoid the FOX but if i hear any great things about them I will check into it more. haven't read to much on them yet.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
My son had 2 HJC's before this an AC-X2 medium which he kept as a practice helmet and a CLX-4 which was a small that he needed to get rid of as it was getting tight. His M2R is a medium so based on those I would say the sizing ran about equal to the HJC sizing. If you can wait 10 days I wear an XL in the HJC and will be at an M2R dealer a week from today so I could try one on and see the sizing.

I'm curious with that pricing if those aren't a few years old left overs.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I like the Bell moto 7. Make sure you try one on before ordering, I have read about several people not liking the way it fits. I guess I have a bell shaped head? :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I hate Bell... sorry. Poor workmanship, big ol bubble looking thing...

I've been wearing Arai VX pro's for 5-6 years... got the Fox Stewart replica you mention above... I like it. Heavier than the Arai's, but very comfortable, ventilation works well. easy to clean/assemble.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I'm not to worried about the weight. The tank i'm wearing now is super heavy(its old) so any of these helmet i bet are super light compared to what i have now. Just trying to decide the best deal for what is offered to me at those prices. Looks like the M2R is prob the winner but i am going to try the bell 7 at my dealer just to see if it overpasses the M2R in how it feels. Everything i've heard so far the M2R's sound best

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
This is great as im also in the market for a new lid, i used to wear Arai or AXOs these were the only ones that fit me properly-does anyone know if the M2R fit similar to these other helmets? i seem to have a head that doesnt fit the majority of helmets.

Also slick can you tell me where they are $90?

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
yeah i will tell where they are $90, but before i do I have to decide if i am going to buy one or not so you dont happen to get the last one. :nener:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Okie i did read that article, which makes me think i am going that direction in buying the helmet, but i didn't see anything about the sizing. It seems to flip flop with peoples opinions on how they size. Either there correct or there sized big. Did you wear the size you normally do or did you have to drop a size in the M2R line

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Did you get a replica or the regular team M2R? Also how did you decide on what size to get? Did you just go with the size you normally wear with other brand helmets?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sorry it was the team not the replica M2R - Revelation X Team 03, i went for xl im a xxl in the axo but its a tad loose and a XL in the Arai.Im just after a bargain helmet and it seems to fit my needs.Light weight is important to me as a heavy helmet really wears you down on hard landings IMO.

Could not find a replica for $90 you have done well.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
just purchased the langston M2R replica for $100 w/shipping. The helmet looks sick, hope it turns out good

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
there was a guy on that famous auction website who had the Lusk and Langston replica helmets, looking into it some more the were a few others who had that helmet for $80-$90, some were replicas and some were team helmets. I couldn't find anymore of the Langston replica i got but there were other Langston ones just different color scheme. Either way you couldn't beat the price. Just look up M2R Revelation

This is the exact helmet I got......

Attachments

• M2R helmet.jpg
    M2R helmet.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
If i had the money maybe i would have went with another helmet but this will do just fine. I will have to post a pic of the basketball helmet i've been wearing a while now. I think it weighs like 20pds. lol, this should be a huge jump for me so i'll see how everything turns out

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
yeah i know its a leftover, i thought i mentioned that before but looking back i didn't put that in. Still works for me :yeehaw:

Top Bottom