bully_23

Apr 22, 2005
Ok I have had a thread up about an rm125 but here are my options at the moment .... click on the bike to see the add and tell me what you think.
1.KTM 125sx
2.03 yz250f
3.04yz250f

4.rm125 05

my personal details:
1) your physical size 5"6 160 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? agressive but cautios sometimes
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? MX and just around fields and small trails
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes on a honda 50 and recently a chinese 150cc 4strk (piece of crap lol)
5) Do you think you will race ? yerp
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Im not very inclined but i will learn my dad knows a bit but not heaps. Dirtbikes isnt something he is into.
thanks in advance
BuLlY

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
To me it would come down to either the RM or KTM, I will not buy a used 4 stroke. Basically you'll have to assess the condition of the bikes and decide if the zook is worth the extra money.

millzy555

Feb 2, 2006
****, another Aussie, i'm from VIC also, look at the trading post- better deals, but for what you do go the RM 125 or look around fro earlier models

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I would buy the KTM and have Eric Gorr massage the cyl 144cc + your choice of porting..and tune the rest to perfection...

Oh your description fits me Almost exactly.....thats why I chose..
Crazy

Last edited:

bully_23

Apr 22, 2005
SO im still not sure the ktm 03yzf and the rm all look to be in the best condition from the pictures and description Im leaning towards the ktm as it is the cheapest and in good condition and Ive heard good things about KTM reliability and power

B

biglou

Holy crap, just buy a freaking bike. You've been posting for months nit-picking the living sh!t out of every year and model imaginable. They all rock, just buy one and ride it. If you don't like it, sell it and get another one.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
biglou said:
Holy crap, just buy a freaking bike. You've been posting for months nit-picking the living sh!t out of every year and model imaginable. They all rock, just buy one and ride it. If you don't like it, sell it and get another one.

LOL.

B

biglou

I'm just bustin' yer balls a little. IMO, you're WAY overthinking this. :laugh: Seriously, anything from 99-up is a badass bike. Buy it. Ride it. You'll see if it suits your needs or not. Modify it. Or sell it and get something else better suited to what you need. :cool:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
biglou said:
I'm just bustin' yer balls a little. IMO, you're WAY overthinking this. :laugh: Seriously, anything from 99-up is a badass bike. Buy it. Ride it. You'll see if it suits your needs or not. Modify it. Or sell it and get something else better suited to what you need. :cool:

+1

10-15 years ago I would have NEVER thought I'd like a Suzuki, but I love my RM.

bully_23

Apr 22, 2005
LOl I know Big lou thanks for all your advice but I have just been asking about various bikes because I need something to do while im saving up my dollars. Im waitin on a check and when I get it my total savings will be about 5200 so ill be good to go(finally) lol and I wont bother you or anyone else in the what bike to get forum anymore. At the moment Im thinking that the KTM 125sx is looking like a sweet bike in good condition and i will still have a few hundred left over for a few upgrades if i need to later.

Top Bottom