Which suspension mod? Race Tech or Pro-Action

poobag

Jul 10, 2002
At the moment, Im ready to re-oil my suspension. In the process, i wish to change the valves to an aftermarket types. As far as im concerned, there are two types you can get: Race Tech and Pro-Action. These two have differant set-ups in the actual valves. Im just wondering which of these two work better? I also know that with the Pro-Action, you have to get a qualifed person to fit it, which im not concerened about.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
MMM Jelly Doughnut...... Dohoo

Poobag,
The important thing is that you get the best product and service. My advice is read up on the topic here at DRN with some of the good forum options like search! The good folks may help steer you as well. You can find lots of info that may help you sort your way through the weeds. After you've studied you may find you know more about your suspension than some of the people who work for options listed, but in the end that will only prove your quest for the best worthy.

Good luck my good man. I can offer you no more help than that.

BR,
Jer

warp98

Nov 24, 2001
Hello, first let me say, I am a Pro-action Dealer. I was a Race Tech Center for five years and while they have a great product, I will tell you what I think is the difference. I think the Pro-action suspension will work better over a wider range of tracks for a wider range of rider skill levels. The Pro-action Suspension will be installed by someone trained the work with the bikes and riders as one unit. Sometimes the Race Tech stuff is not installed by someone that may know as much about suspension, they just may have access to Race Tech parts, you can not buy Pro-action parts. The bottom line is to get it done by someone that can work with you to make sure it is all you expected it to be. I hope you choose us but if you don't, getting your suspension done is one of the best things you can do for you cycle riding enjoyment.
bml

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
Whoo-boy! I saw the title to this thread and I think my fingers were singed by the keyboard - I figured it'd be WAY too hot to enter!

But, c'mon Jer - you CAN offer more help than that! ;-)

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by warp98
Sometimes the Race Tech stuff is not installed by someone that may know as much about suspension, they just may have access to Race Tech parts

Can I get an Amen Brother? There is no point in talking to the shops/dealers out here about suspension tuning, but they'll take your wallet, bend you over, and shove a gold valve up your @$#* if you'll let them.

WhiPit, there's a little fuel for that fire... :)

Last edited:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Bender!

Attachments

• bender.jpg
    bender.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 651

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Man I'm in the same boat right now. I thought I would get some free advise.
I'm leaning to pro-action because as I said in other post, the guy is local and at the tracks most times to help you get dialed in. I have the service just still wondering about the product reliability.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Guys,
If you can't read between the lines.
Consider the hard working dudes at FC, RG3, Enzo, and Trak Control. If you want quality workmanship, knowleglable technicans, or good customer serivce, give these dudes a shot!

BR,
Jer

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
What was I thinking give DHR a call too.. I was more suggesting that the too listed where not the best choices, and was providing a alternative.. So Doug with that I hope you get to run the gauntlet of customer questions.. ;)

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Jer...
Thanks & I hope ya know I was just funnin with ya........just couldn't resist when I seen the subject........LOL

Might not always know everything, but will always try to help any customer if I can. Keep up the good work.

doc

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Isnt Bender the collest I have a kid on my block thats just like Bender. Youll take him out for a swill and hell drink like 3 to your 1 and hes like 140 pounds . Then hell pass out in your car and sleep overnight the next morning Hell roll in the track right on time for his motos though , smoking ciggys at the line . He rode a Husky 125 with the chain clanging the ground andthe forks pumping oil all over him . OneSpring morning at Raceway1999 The Ferracci brothers wereall there standing by the fence and he overshot the Muddy turn right before the staircase and he broadslided all through the grass speedway style out of control and roostedall the Ferraci Husky bigs who were there at their first MX race with their new Team shirts and stuff fresh from changing over from being a DUCATI team .Since he rode a Husky they all thought it was grand once they wiped the mud off .Guess he kind of initiated them to the dirt world .

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
I agree with Warp98. Unfortunately, ANYONE can get and install Race Tech products. And I think that can seriously degrade the quality of the product installed. Just yesterday, I had this conversation with someone at Race Tech, telling them that if it were up to me, I would let only qualified, approved Race Tech Centers sell/install their products. And while their seminars are helpful, I would have a more hands on approach to them in order to qualify those who wish to sell their products.

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
Nothing yet. They were polling their RTC's about what could be improved and that was my 2 cents worth. But I know what the're going to say..... :(

Top Bottom