WhiteRock Arkansas Riding and Camping???

GTRider

~SPONSOR~
Feb 20, 2002
A group of guys from Dallas are planning to make the trip to Whiterock AR riding area. We need some information on where the trailheads and good camping areas are located. We will be riding dirt only trail with bike and some are brining qu**s. We will be traveling thursday night May 2 and riding til sunday May 5. if anyone wants to join us plese do the more the merrier. Anyone want to give us a guided tour?? or know where I can get maps?

any help is appericated.

thanks, GTRider

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
You may want to PM CRSwade or 94Ruck...these guys are White Rock hounds for sure..they can give you the 411 on the place. If it weren't for house painting that weekend..I would try to join..better yet, this could be great motivation to get it done quickly Saturday and make the run on Sunday...hmmmm
There should be some Arkansas residents on here that have data on this place as well. Have fun and I hope to be able to join in the fun.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
You will find the best trailhead for a group that has quads at the Mill Creek area. Get an Arkansas Map and look for Coombs on Highway 16. There is a road to the south. follow it and it will turn to gravel. Continue on this road for several miles to the Mil Creek Day use area. This is the big trail head. You might want to bring a gps because if you venture off the trail too far you will become lost. This place is huge. The blue loop is 27 miles by itself. This ought to keep a large group busy for 1 day. If you get adventurous, cross over highway 23...Use a gps. Go to www.blackjackenduro.com and look fo... I do not know of any printed maps available.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
No, but there are little pull off areas before and after the trail head where you can set up.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Here's a couple of links for WRM. CRSwade sent the maps to me to scan in. Thanks again!
http://pws.chartermi.net/~jejb/Wudi4/pictures/WW_WRM_map2.jpg
http://pws.chartermi.net/~jejb/Wudi4/pictures/WW_WRM_map1.jpg

Here's a dirction page, too:
http://pws.chartermi.net/~jejb/Wudi4/directions2.html

Mill Creek Rd is not marked from the road. It runs along the creek and is just on the west side of the bridge that goes over the creek. The Y is really about 2-3 miles down the road. The camp area is just before the Y on the right. Nice place to base out of. The trailhead is 1/4 mile or so past the Y.

Lots of rocks, all the marked trail is ATV stuff. I found a lot of single track when I was exploring down there in Feb but I had to look hard for it.

madwrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 31, 2002
Some friends and I have gone down to the Mill Creek area for a three-day ride each March for the last several years. Much, much fun--very rocky (and the rocks aren't of the round variety, either--they have nice sharp edges!), take extra tubes and DON'T put on new tires---old worn ones grip the rocks just as well, and new ones will just get destroyed.
GPS is a great help, so are good topo maps. As Jeb said, there is some very good single track, but it is not obvious--you really need to look for it. First road to the right out of Combs on 16 if you are coming from Fayetteville, past the shacks, fork to the left, and you are there.
One thing I've never understood is why there are several graveyards right in that area. Man, it must be a bitch to dig down six feet into all those rocks!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Actually it's very common to see family cemetaries in Mo and Ar. The one on the way to the trail head is where many of the Judy's are buried. Darrel Judy was a Vet A rider in the BlackJack series that passed on while competing @ Chadwick (natural causes and RIP friend). We always stop to pay respects-you see he lived down there and White Rock was his version of heaven, so where better to lay in rest than your favorite riding area. In case anybody has ever ridden w/ Darrel, you know what a sight it was to watch him thread those trees-he would flat haul arse.

Just a little history...

B

biglou

I've got a picture of Darrell's headstone in my member gallery. It is a very fitting tribute.

Also-Dirt trails? Don't kid yourself! They don't call it White ROCK for nothing! :D

madwrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 31, 2002
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful--I just think it must be tough to dig back there. I've got a picture of Darrell's headstone as well. If you stop in at the Pizza Junction on 16 on the way to Combs, you'll find the back dining room is FULL of Darrell's pictures, trophies, etc. There is also a large topo trail map on the wall which is worth checking out. I never met the guy, but it sure looks like he lived life on his own terms, and died doing what he loved--there may be a lesson in there somewhere...

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
What are some other trails in the area ? What is the best trail in Arkansas ? or atleast an opinion....any dirt trails ? singletrack ?

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Hey MT!

How's it hangin'? You planning on heading up this way? I've got a dealer event I was going to attend this Sunday. You outta try to sneak up here to Chadwick if you're going to be in this neck of the woods! :aj:

Crusty

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Yea we'll be in Ar Fri-Sun just looking for new places to ride....thinking Fri going to Mena then to White Rock...unless someone suggest somthing better....wanna ride White Rock with us ? how far is Chadwick from there?

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
I'd love to ride WR again, but I've got too many obligations this weekend. I will be lucky to get to spend Sunday in Chadwick. Chadwick's about a 3 hour drive from the WR (Fayetteville), due NE as the crow flies. Chadwick's about like Muenster except replace the sand with gravel-loam-mud and it's not as open....oh, and there's a few rocks. :p

We had a great ride at WR last fall and I'm dying to go back. I also heard Mena had some knarly terrain. But, I think you'd like the tight woods here. If you get a chance to come up I'm sure you'd love it. It's your type of terrain. Are you hauling XRboy up here with you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom