250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
who is Eric Gorr ?

I see the name Eric Gorr all the time in dirt bike magazines, and in bike for sale ads, so who is he? What's the big deal, what does he do?

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but I honesly have no clue who or what he is.

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Eric Gore is the long lost brother of Al Gore- he was kicked out of the family because he believed resources were put on Earth for us to enjoy. :coocoo:
Eric Gorr on the other hand is a great guy that probably has forgotten more dirtbike information then all of us (Rich Rohrich exempted) on this site will ever know.
This thread http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=42225&highlight=rich+rohrich altho titled Rich Rohrich shows how He and Eric developed into the dirtbike gurus they are. It is a long read but worth it all :cool:

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Consider this... Eric GoRR, Rich Rohrich (RR) coincidence? I think not!

Honestly do some digging around and you will find some real gems of information on Eric and Rich, and you might also run across the name Jeremy Wilkey and AJ Waggoner as well. You might also learn how EG influenced the path of one or more of these names and how they often are found together with exceptional final products. Much is made about some of the bigger names yet the REAL experts seems to care less about the name recognition and more about the science of it all.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
he must have invented the 2 stoke engine- :)

hey how about a 3 stroke-?
=no intake cam-- direct fuel injection- ????
come on - were not throwing rocks here- hell we have space ships- :)

(racier, racier than that)--- (gotta love tha bandit) :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Eric made my KTM 360 in to a 3 stroke! Perfect split between 2 stroke and 4 stroke power.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
...and then Green Horn came along and made your KTM into a ladder rack/ indoor clothesline. LOL Me and EG both know how to take a dirtbike and completely change it. :rotfl:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A lot of engine guys hate him, people who figure with out scientific proof that is. He is the truth, and I know where we would be with out him, very dismal to say the least! And go figure some more, Rich is on the same track, and collaborates with Eric, Professor Blair and a host of others. 250 girl, the search brings up all kinds of great stuff!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Fastfreak nope I do not have any part numbers, I sold that bike to Greenhorn several years ago. What I can tell you is that the stock exhaust expansion chamber is crap and the bike won't run worth a darn with it, get the FMF replacement it makes a world of difference. The slide is a stock item available from your local dealer, just tell them which number slide you want and they will order it. Very possible it could be obtained on line but you need to do the research and verify numbers. As far as the head, look at the casting numbers on it and I bet you can sort out which one you have pretty easily. It's a great bike with just a bit of the correct modifications done. Eric Gorr's engine work was flay out AMAZING and if I ever ended up with another 360 that would be the first stop, MX Tech for suspension would be the next then just ride it.

Top Bottom