Who owns a KDX as a second bike?

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
The KDX is your daily ride...yep, I suspect that many people keep a KDX around to ride for fun. I notice you have a 185 XL. '81 or '82 XL185S was my first ride; that started my crazy hobby.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I had one (a 1996 model) for several years. It was a fantastic bike. I did everything from leading beginers on trail rides to racing Hare Scrambles (my first race win came on a KDX) to riding the Budd's Creek MX track (my YZ125 was out of action and we had a club ride there so I took the KDX, you should have seen the look on people's face when they saw a stock KDX doing the big doubles and table tops!!). Unfortunately, it was sacrificed to the financial and schedule demands of college. I am just getting back into riding after a 4 year hitatus - picking up a pristine 01 CR250R (set up for enduros) this week :)

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I agreed to race another bike this year, but I still have the KDX I raced last season. It got the " full treatment" this winter.

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
I bought a 96 KDX200 as a spare bike. I have a CRF450 and my girlfriend has a CRF250x. When i am riding with her on the trails I will ride the KDX. It is so comfortable and easy to ride that often times we will switch in the middle of riding. She really likes the soft seat on the KDX. To tell the truth I am kind of fond of it my self. My 450 seat is like sitting on a 2x4.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
yz250flash said:
I bought a 96 KDX200 as a spare bike. I have a CRF450 and my girlfriend has a CRF250x. When i am riding with her on the trails I will ride the KDX. It is so comfortable and easy to ride that often times we will switch in the middle of riding. She really likes the soft seat on the KDX. To tell the truth I am kind of fond of it my self. My 450 seat is like sitting on a 2x4.
there has got to be some aftermarket trail padding you could velcro on your mx style seat if not im gonna market it myself when i get this thing perfected

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
I bought a soft seat for my YZ250 when I had it but their definition of soft and my definition of soft turned out to be two different things. If I could find a seat molded out of the foam from a KDX of maybe an XR that would be ideal.

When riding MX you don't sit much...or at least the good fast guys don't. I tend to sit a lot if that tells you anything.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom