Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Nikki started a thread like this the last few years and I always enjoyed reading it so as a DW rookie this year I figured I'd start the thread running for 04.

For me the person least like I expected would probably be Big Lou, I'm not sure why but I had him pegged as a boisterous/gregarious really nice guy. What I found was a quiet and mellow really nice guy.

The most like I expected is a really easy one and that would be Tony Eeds. As I expected he spent the entire week making sure everyone else was having a great DW and could never do enough to help everyone.

Runner up for the least like I expected was probably Patman. I kind of expected a pretty serious intense sort of guy, what I found was a great guy who was quick with the smile and a joke.

One person that I really had no preconceived impression of prior to DW was Mully but everytime I looked at that dude during the week I couldn't help but smile. He had a smile, or a grin on his mug or was flat out laughing everytime I saw the guy.

B

biglou

lol, I get that a lot. But Aimee and Okie yelled at me last year when I got a little too boisterous/gregarious and rode the fiddy through the campfire at 2am... :ride: :ohmy:

The cool thing is, I know most everyone already. It's like hanging out with family whether you know folks or not. Like me, I'm sure everyone else is just happy to be there.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
The person that was the least like I expected was TwinSpar. He may have only been there a couple hours but that was enough to show me that he's not the giant dork I expected (sorry Twinny). After chatting with him many times and experiencing his antics I really thought he was a spaz too, he gets so worked up in chat. But in real life TwinSpar's pretty much like the rest of us. He's pretty mellow and an all around nice guy.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
Yep, Mully has that goofy smile that makes you wonder what he just finished being guilty of.

You are only guilty if you get caught. ;)

I have to say Squeaky. No kidding. I only had a chance to talk with her a little last year, and with that I just assumed she was a little shy. This year we were camped close together and her and Rooster helped tremendously (along with many others) with marking trails. I really got to see that I was "way" wrong on the shy part. :laugh:

Sorry about the cloths changing thing. :laugh:

Mully

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Mully said:
I only had a chance to talk with her a little last year, and with that I just assumed she was a little shy.

:rotfl: Mully you kill me! Yeah, shy is one thing I am definitely not!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! These are always fun to read.

If Rich would ever make it I think he would peg everybodies Not what I expected meter.

PK freaked me out at the last DW that was in Casey. This giant guy comes out of this tiny tent running at me "Are you Patman?!" first thing in my head was "I sure hope this isn't somebody I PO'ed!" LOL! T hen I find out he's just a giant teddy bear kinda' guy. :yikes: WHEW!

Mully is a stealth personality. Nobody knows what he's like until you give him a loaded squirt gun. ;)

Twinkle IS a spaz Skippy, he just covered it up for that few hour encounter.

Chili I have lots of Canadian relatives and your nothing like any of them, you were much more sober! :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Anyone that rode the night time poker run found out that Squeaky wasn't shy...as well as some of the other ladies! :yikes: :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
CAL said:
Anyone that rode the night time poker run found out that Squeaky wasn't shy...as well as some of the other ladies! :yikes: :)
shhhhhh....... :eek:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm having a hard time determining which was the highlight of the trip to DW......meeting Malcom Smith, getting my picture made with him, and riding with him....or coming in for another card at the night time poker run! :yeehaw:

How dare you shhhhhsh me Okie! I heard there was also a moon shining bright atop a certain 4 wheeled vehicle.... :ohmy:

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I must say that Stan Flemmings was not what I expected. I was expecting a 40+ over wieght but funny kind of guy. WOW - Stan is a kid. shocked me!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Midhigh said:
I must say that Stan Flemmings was not what I expected. I was expecting a 40+ over wieght but funny kind of guy. WOW - Stan is a kid. shocked me!!
That was Stan's grandson :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I'm really an A rider, and let my slow grandson ride my bike all week. Then, I rode for the race on my bike.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Midhigh said:

That sounds a lot like Stan's Dad, but not the funny part :laugh:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
squeaky said:
The person that was the least like I expected was TwinSpar.

I was on my best behavior because there just wasn't time to be me. I've even had to enter therapy because that short seven hours of being nice. It scarred me and worst of all.... I let down Shiftless. The image of her expression will be forever burned into my mind. She came to me ready to go on a sticker hit but I came empty handed... no weapons of mass destruction, no silly stickers, just a airsoft for personal protection (and I had to use it).

It was great to finally meet you and Bruce! I must admit that Bruce was quieter than I expected. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
TwinSpar said:
It was great to finally meet you and Bruce! I must admit that Bruce was quieter than I expected. :)

:think: Bruce = Quiet???? :laugh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
TwinSpar said:

Had you stuck around for more than a couple hours, you would have found out different. :ohmy:

Top Bottom