Why did you close the 'ATV's Suck' thread so soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2006
I asked why threads get closed in the 'Forums Comments' forum and I understand the reply
Moderators are what set DRN apart from other boards. If something gets out of hand in THEIR opinion, it gets closed. Don't fret over it. They occasionally delete posts and threads, as well as, move them.

DRN prefers members to use good sentence structure and spelling but it is not unusual to see internet shorthand, LOL. The administrator wants a clean site that everyone can enjoy and the mods do a good job keeping it clean. You may disagree with them but it is the mod's choice and it is final. Don't take it personally it has happened to me more than once over the last 7 years and it will likely happen again, that's just the way it is.
but I don't understand what the thread said that got it booted so quickly.

I'm not taking it personally and even if I did it wouldn't matter because the mod's decision is final, but can you tell me what caused the lockdown? Thanks.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It was a stupid thread to start with, and it was just going downhill. You got the last word in the thread, what more were you looking for?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2006
I didn't realize your threads were rated by the intelligence. It's a 'Flames' forum and apparently many people had an opinion.
I only asked why you closed the thread because I'm fairly new to these forums and want to be a good contributor. Sorry if you don't agree.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
#1 it didn't even start in the flame forum

#2 "Enter at your own risk, it gets hot in here. If you get burned, don't complain."

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
happytrails2all said:
I didn't realize your threads were rated by the intelligence.

Now you know.

MODERATED actually means something here.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I wanted to post in there but didn't catch it in time.

regarding "trespassing"...CR Swade, you were very fortunate to have so much land and have there be no temptation or reason to trespass. And on principal, I agree with you if it comes to riding on the neighbor's farm/ranch property etc. but geez...there are thousands of "don't ask don't tell" riding areas out there. "on paper" you don't have official permission and are technically trespassing, but as long as you don't bother anyone there are no complaints and/or the true owners look the other way. We can thank the lawyers for this. There is liability involved if they give you permission. For example abandoned open pit mining areas...the mining company's lawyer tells them they have to post it "no trespassing" for legal reasons.

Same thing in parts of Canada, my understanding is the state owns it and the paper company has the rights to it, ask anyone and they will say it's ok to ride as long as you don't get in their way or bother anyone.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Just so everybody doesn't think I had this vast playground to ride on...grandpa sold the farm when I was 8. Big dairies gobbled up little ones (yeah we were considered little). I started riding when I was 10 and yes we asked to ride wherever we rode. The lessons I were taught by my dad and grandpa stuck with me. I don't understand why that was focused on for a bit, but whatever everybody has to do to justify there riding habits I guess.

And lastly to the dude that tried to make our family fortune out to be impressive...grandpa had just enough to buy a house in town, that is after he paid off the bank (equipment/implements, cattle, automated milking upgrades and repairs). We moved to a trailer. Still waiting on our Christmas card from the Gates... :coocoo:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I truly respect YOUR uncommon respect for other people's property. I was just giving another viewpoint/experience. While legally trespassing is a black-and-white issue, I guess to me the lawyers and fear of lawsuits have made it morally more of a "grey" area in some cases.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Now someone please lock this one down since it's just as dumb as the "ATV's suck and oh yeah I ride on private property" one. :p

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Why did it get closed so soon?

Because it is a given that ATV's suck, thats why. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom