Feb 27, 2006
chad reed mixed up th point standings and now Reed has took #1 spot in the AMA followed by stewart and RC.will RC be able to get the lead again or will CR or Stewart take place?what do u think and why?

i think RC not because he has won 11 tittles just because ha has the comfidence to probly get back on top! :laugh:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
I'm guessing maybe french is your first language, so I won't bang on you too bad.

RC will ride hard, that I'm sure, and so will JS and CR... and Tedesco and Fonseca and Windham and...

Winning the championship will largely depend on the fuel penalty issue, and I think that there is now a bit of movement that RC may not loose any or all of the 25 points.

Reed is #1 in the AMA points because RC got penalized. Pure and simple. Will he stay there? Who knows.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Reed took the points lead before the penalty. It is because he has consistently finished on the podium, with a worst finish of 5th so far this year. While RC ans JS have been trading wins, RC DNFed St Loius while James took 17th. A lot of points were lost by each. James also had a bad run in round 5.
I will not be surprised to see RC move back into the top two points positions, and first is not impossible.

rcpilot_971

Oct 30, 2002
plouffster JR. said:
chad reed mixed up th point standings and now Reed has took #1 spot in the AMA followed by stewart and RC.will RC be able to get the lead again or will CR or Stewart take place?what do u think and why?

i think RC not because he has won 11 tittles just because ha has the comfidence to probly get back on top! :laugh:

CR only wins if RC and JS crash........

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
FruDaddy said:
But he's almost always there to capitalize. And Saturday night, he was all over Ricky until he cased a double with 2 to go.
For what? 3 laps then could not hold the pace? Give me a break. RC came from mid pack and 13 seconds down. Reed had the holeshot and a clear track. So coming through traffic RC was averaging over a second a lap faster than Reed. As soon as he caught him he was infront of him. Now, please explain how Reed is on he same page as RC and James as far as speed.

Should he be in the points lead? Yes. He has been the most consistant, no doubt. But he was given the lead it was not battled out with James and RC. Reed is a fighter though, but this year he has been fighting with the 4th place "chump" as he says it. He is the luckiest and 3rd fastest guy out there. RC has the most determination and James is the most talented/gifted.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
this fuel penalty stuff is taking away from the fact that he deserves the point lead, he has been consistently up there and has avoided the poor finishes(so far) that have kept him behind in points in past seasons. You don't have to be the fastest guy to win chapionships, you just need to be near the top every week. RC has said this same thing many times when he is in "protect" mode. What sucks about this fuel stuff is that Reed can just cruise in third every week and still have a VERY good chance of winning the series. I was hoping to see some 3 way battles, but I think it's Reed's turn for protect mode unless they overturn the fuel crap.

DRK

Dec 31, 2002
Thump said:
For what? 3 laps then could not hold the pace? Give me a break. RC came from mid pack and 13 seconds down. Reed had the holeshot and a clear track.

The way it looked to me when RC passed CR, Reed then picked up his pace and stayed on RC's back fender. It was more than 3 laps. I'd guess it was about 8-10 laps. Reed has definitely been very consistant.

Maybe I need a new prescription for my glasses, but when I look at the points standings, this is what I see:

1) Reed 171
2) Ricky 165
3) Bubba 152

No doubt that RC is going to make up those points and retake the lead.

DK

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
As I recall, Reed led the first 10 while Ricky caught up. A moderately aggressive pass was made, then Reed stayed within 100 feet of Ricky for the next 8 laps. Coming out of turn one, Reed cased the first double and his feet came completely off the pegs, he recovered, but lost too much time to make up for it. Perhaps Reed is the third fastest out there, but it isn't by that much. Often he posts the fastest lap in practice, and again, is almost always in good position to capitalize on the mistakes of the others. He is also very consistent. With Stewart, either he is blazing fast, or he bites it hard. RC seldom makes a mistake, but when he does....

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Ah, once again we see the adverse consequences that can result from a complete disregard of punctuation, syntax, or logical thought, for that matter.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
methinks english is a second language to Mr. Pouffster Jr.

we can take it a little easy on the dude. But just a little.

and we'll see how things hash out this weekend, if Reed can keep hangin' or not.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
He is the luckiest and 3rd fastest guy out there.

'spot on', accurate, credible, valid, stanch, veritable......

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
DRK said:
The way it looked to me when RC passed CR, Reed then picked up his pace and stayed on RC's back fender. It was more than 3 laps. I'd guess it was about 8-10 laps. Reed has definitely been very consistant.

Maybe I need a new prescription for my glasses, but when I look at the points standings, this is what I see:

1) Reed 171
2) Ricky 165
3) Bubba 152

No doubt that RC is going to make up those points and retake the lead.

DK
Yes you do need glasses. RC is in 3rd over 30 points out. From what I saw it looked like Reed was on RC's rear fender for a bit. In case you didn't notice RC was riding a little protectively. Once he got a SMALL gap be began to run his own lines again and started to walk Chad. Reed tried hard but bobbled trying to match the pace. To further my point RC turned his fastest lap of the night on lap 18 which was the fastest lap of the race. Reeds fastest lap was on lap 12. RC made up 13 seconds coming thru traffic in 9 laps. You think Reed would have caught RC if the situation was reversed? Hell no. How do I know that? Because he has tried all year.

Bottom line. Reed is wickedly fast but he will not beat RC or James. If he wins another race this year you can bet that RC has dropped out of the series and Bubba has crashed. Heads up, he gets 3rd.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Thump said:
Bottom line. Reed is wickedly fast but he will not beat RC or James. If he wins another race this year you can bet that RC has dropped out of the series and Bubba has crashed. Heads up, he gets 3rd.

Amen Mr. Thump.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Reed might have a good night and win a race straight up; it's not out of the question. He's had the fastest lap times several times this year. But he's not going to beat those guys consistently. Then again, who knows? It's racing; anything can happen. Most of it has already happened this year.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
funktree said:
DRK's glasses have anti lame penalty vision I think.
That's what was online yesterday afternoon. It was changed later.
Masterphil said:
Yea, cause we all know that is what really counts.
When taken out of contents, it definitely appears as though I am clueless. But I was pointing out the fact that Reed is not some slow little punk that just shows up because he thinks he can play with the big boys. He is plenty fast enough to be in contention, and displays that speed in practice on a regular basis. While he may not hold the pace the same way RC and JS do every week, he is smooth, consistent, and capable of running the same lap times as his chief competitors.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
FruDaddy said:
When taken out of contents, it definitely appears as though I am clueless.
That's alright, I get taken into and out of context all the time and I'm completely clueless. What were we talking about? Are we still in the supercross season? How's Lusk doing in the points?

Top Bottom