Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
I'm going to be down in your neck of the woods late this August for a Bronco show. At least I think it's your neck of the woods. Anyway, I'm gonna drag my KDX along w/ a paddle tire to see what dune riding is like. Should I bring my tire changing stuff so I can swap a knobby back on and hit Tilamook?

I know it's early.. but I kinda have the fever.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
We're a little further on down... like 50 miles from californy

Farmerj might know some riding areas 'round there

Hell it aint early, fire season is just 'round the corner :flame:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
If you DO come down in august, greyback will still be open. Heck, that's not TOO far away from being able to get up there at all (snow).

Toward the end of august, prospect will like be closed. If it's early august, certainly bring a tire for a 130mile prospect loop!

Don't worry! We stash some gas. Oh...and of course some beer!!

Watch your jetting in the sand!!! Huge loads and sea level call for lots of fuel!!

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
I know this is grounds for flaming, but I haven't jetted yet.

I'm still fairly new to all of this. Riding, working on 2 strokes, carbs in general.....

Honestly, I don't much want to dork with it until I get my (backordered for 3 months now) shnop manual.

Y'all talk about clips and needles and the like, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I've read through part of the Treatise on the Nirvana-esque benefits of Jetting, but it was worthless since I was here at work, and the bike was at home.

I'll get to it... but it doesn't spooge and doesn't feel lacking so it just doesn't seem critical.

(truthfully, an XR50 might not seem lacking to me at this point. I'm very green. Though the other day I DID realize that my KDX has no top end power. It actually made me happy that I could observe something about the bike.)

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
Dawg_enD,
You've probably already checked this out, but in case you haven't click here. On the left side of the page, click on "KDX tech tips" and then on "carb tuning" under the "engine" column. That will give you all you need to get started with tuning your carb. I read it several times before I actually tore into my carb - very helpful. It won't make much sense first reading it, but once you see the carb apart it all comes together. :thumb: Enjoy!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: It actually made me happy that I could observe something about the bike.

Good humor!

Here's a tip for carb work: Get yourself some allen head bowl screws and a ball-tipped allen to screw 'em. Put some never-seize on the threads. The angle allowed by the ball-end driver helps a whole lot!

First time you're in there, reset the float to 17mm or so.

This is supposed to be FUN!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom