canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
So, it's been in a pretty bad wreck/crash? If the asking price reflects the fact that you will have to replace them (and maybe a further reduction in $$ for your trouble) and that's the way you want to go it amounts to your decision, right?

I've looped my bike a few times..it's flown quite high through the air only to land on its nose more'n once. The downtubes are fine (straight, anyway). It would take a pretty hard smack to bend them based on my bike's life, I'd think.

The KX/KDX hybrid is a popular modification. KDX forks are available now and then. Heck..now (if you bought a bike with bent forks) would be the best time to do that upgrade yourself!

How about that? A blessing in disguise? ;)

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Nope. Don't know about the 'cheapest' part.

A check with Mr. Fredette is always a good bet when you're looking for kdx 'stuff.' Keep an eye on [(**edit for censor**)cripes-you-can't-even-say-auction-by-the-bay?]. Not everything sold there is a rip-off at 2X a reasonable price.

Do your homework if you are looking to put in a KX frontend. Some KX top clamps have bushed bar pedestals, most don't (that would be a matter of your preference/choice). Shims/spacers are required in most (all I think) cases. Keep in mind the steering stem must be put in the KX bottom clamp, so if the 'bent' bike your looking at has a bad stem you will be needing one of those too!

Kind'a sounds like a good time to be looking for a different kdx, doughnut?

Howabout the 220? ;)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
With the exception of the carburetor, the cylinder and head, they are pretty much same bike.

So, anything aftermarket for the 200 will fit the 220.

Reeds, exhaust, SAs, bars, graphics, headlight shells, FWW, sprockets, fork/shock valving, fork/shock springs, bearings, tires, brake pads, light coils.....all will benefit/fit either model.

You might have different choices to make considering engine 'personalities'.

Top Bottom