Wife qualified for Boston Marathon this morning!!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
My wife Amber ran the Saint George, Utah Marathon this morning and made her qualifying time for Boston! :cool:
3:47:26.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Awesome! I ran the OKC half marathon a couple of years ago and decided there was way to much training to do to go for the whole thing. I can't even imagine the dedication it would take to get my time down enough to qualify for Boston.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
DWreck said:
Awesome! I ran the OKC half marathon a couple of years ago and decided there was way to much training to do to go for the whole thing. I can't even imagine the dedication it would take to get my time down enough to qualify for Boston.
She trained, trained, trained, trained, ... a lot. She will be 46 in 2013 so she fit into the 45-49 womens age group.

Actually her training for the StG marathon started 1 June 2011.

She been running every day in 2011 (1 mile minimum) since i bet her last year that she couldn't do it. So far she has recorded over 1,200 miles. :coocoo:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Congrats Amber
Many people do not know how prestigious it is to qualify for Boston. Generaly speaking it is the top 10 percent of a big city race, now with the tougher standards, it might be top 5 percent.
I am just a mid packer enjoying marathons and ultras. yes I said enjoy.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…