OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Can anybody recommend a steakhouse and mall in the carrollton area. I'm taking my wife for this Friday and Saturday. Any shopping/people watching/wife type activites ya'll know about?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Not far from Carrollton, Chamberlain's Chop House at Belt Line near the Tollway is the best steak house in Texas, in my not so humble opinion. Better than Del Frisco's by far, better than Ruth's Chris. It's about the same price as all the high-end steak houses.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
III Forks is my favorite for steaks. For shopping if she likes all that shi-shi stuff she can go to the shops at willowbend. Carrollton is not the place for that type of stuff...

Gotta head towards Plano for that!

-=jeffd

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Plano is so 90's tho.

Zapped

Sep 14, 2004
Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville on I35E, just north of Carrollton. A lot nicer than Grapevine Mills, but no Bass Pro-Shop. Also, lots of typical restuarants there.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
First go to Bones Daddy's in Richardson and request a table under the stairs. Then go to Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville for shots night. Oh wait.....you wanted to stay married?

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Thanks, guys, Carrollton is where I'll be for work till 4 Friday. Then we can go where ever. It was just a starting point. Yarbonwick: The only thing that has cost me more than being married was getting unmarried from the first. Say, is there a story to Yarbonwick?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
BTW: How's the collar-bone healing up Jim?

I got some riding in with my sons for a few hours at a place north of Rockwall (brushycreekmotorfarms.com). Decent trails for a place 30 minutes from home.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon, I'm healing up pretty well. The 19th will be 12 weeks, but I may just wait a while longer, just to be sure. I can't wait to get back to Talimena in cooler weather. I want to check out some other trails, Billy Creek and Winding Stair. Right now I'm trying to get into decent cardio shape after sitting around so long, and I'm tinkering with the bikes, when the garage isn't too hot. Next spring I'm adding an air conditioning run to the garage so I can work out there.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Glad to hear you're healing well. Likewise, I'm really looking forward to some long rides when the weather cools a little.

I hoping to take the family to Ark. in October to the Wolf Pen Gap ATV park. Not a lot of single-track, but a good place where my less experienced kids and wife can ride. And we managed to find some challending trails as well!

Here are some pics from the ride:
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=553152325&security=jzIWVP

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon, those are nice pics. The trails look pretty rocky, though. I still have one set of rear wheel bearings to replace, one countershaft seal, and a couple of tires. But it's been so hot in the garage I haven't wanted to do much. Maybe I'll have to work at night.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
yarbonwick said:
First go to Bones Daddy's in Richardson and request a table under the stairs. Then go to Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville for shots night. Oh wait.....you wanted to stay married?

lol! :cool:

When are we meeting for lunch again, Yarbo?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i vote sneaky petes as having the best lookin staff for sure. makes hooters look like the dump.

Top Bottom