Headset

Jan 19, 2005
I will be relocating from Northern Virginia (elevation under 100' I guess) to the Albuquerque NM (elevation 5k-6k) in September. Should I expect a re jetting to be in order?
Bike is a 05 220R with pipe/reeds/air box mods...but left jetting stock. I've been out of the 2 stroke thing for a while now and kind of rusty on the whole process. I will study up on the jetting info on this site while I await guidance from the jetting gurus out there. By the way...any KDX'ers in ABQ?

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
You will have to goe bigger on the Main, possible the Pilot also. How much? CD has an altitude/temp jetting chart on his main page
OOPS, My mistake.Less air, smaller Main & Pilot-Sorry

Last edited:

Sandy Whoops

Oct 11, 2003
Headset, with the mods you've made, a rejet at your current altitude should make a significant improvement. And when you move to NM, you'll probably need to drop the main down a bit more. Maybe the pilot, too. But...I don't have any experience on the 220. Check Candian Dave's JustKDX site for suggestions.

Recommend that you gather up a list of mains, pilots, and needles that look promising. Then place your order with Sudco. You'll save a ton of cash vs. Kawasaki parts and have a much better selection of needles. A fair assortment from Sudco will probably run you about $30 to $40 (or more if you order a bunch of needles @ $5.25 ea.).

Top Bottom