Big Fred

Nov 13, 2002
I purchased a 13/50 sprocket combo & a 108 link chain.Before I attempt replacement of the old combination, I would like to know if the former combo will fit. Thank You.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Probably not.
My 13/49 combination requires a 110 link chain to have the rear wheel in an adjustable position as well as clear the Fredette chain gaurd. If you do decide to add chain, make sure it is same brand & type, and press fit in a new pin so you don't have to run 2 master links.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Woe is you. :(

It's never too early to ask a question, 'eh?

Not only will 108 links not fit...a 50T won't fit with your oem chainguide either.

.......say the folks that run such a setup. I don't.

You can run two master links. Subject to various passionately held opinions..but chances are it won't hurt nuthin'.

Oh...obviously you need to add links to be able to use two masters. ....you knew that.

You would be much better off to return the 108L and buy a 110L.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
CC,

I'm with you on the 2 master linkls being a non-issue, but why not press fit in the extra (missing) link? The only reason I can think to run any master link is due to maintenance. Now, if I caould only get a bike that didn't need its' joints lubed, brakes, chain, gears, or tires replaced, etc. now that would be somethin. Kinda like the Bic lighter of bikes :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There is the consideration that addition of links in an o/x-ring chain involving pressing and riveting of pins is likely to end up with ring damage. Such damage resulting in chain ruination most sure.

108 links with a 5/8" pitch and a couple with 3/4" won't work too well! ;)

.....that 'bic lighter of bikes' would have to be replaced when it ran out of fuel?

Top Bottom