2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Just read on Transworldmotocross that a three member AMA board overturned the original decision and Windham got his points back. Its all good.....now lets get back to the racing....its been so good this year and the title is still wide open.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Click-->www.amaproracing.com/releases/r04-windhamoverturned.asp
Kevin Windham Points Penalty Overturned

02/10/2004

A three-person appeal board organized by AMA Pro Racing has decided to overturn the points deduction penalty assessed to Kevin Windham. Windham had been docked 10 points by AMA Pro Racing MX/SX Series Manager Steve Whitelock for an incident involving fellow rider David Vuillemin at Round 2 of the AMA Supercross Series. In the opinion of Whitelock, Windham engaged in unsafe and unsportsmanlike riding by intentionally making contact with Vuillemin on lap one of the main event. The contact resulted in Vuillemin being pushed off the track nearly colliding with a photographer standing nearby. Vuillemin, who had the early lead in the race, remounted and worked his way back through the pack for a eventual seventh place finish.

The appeal board found that while points penalties are with merit and necessary, Windham’s actions in this case did not violate the AMA Supercross/Motocross Rulebook.

The appeal board voted 2-1 in favor of Windham.

:yeehaw: Way to go K-Dub!!! Now get out there and WIN SOME RACES! :aj:

Last edited:

YZBlitzRider

Jan 31, 2004
Windham does'nt have a chance against Reed anyhow. A large percentage of racing is mental. It's obvious from the evidence that Windham is not a a rider of excellence nor a winner. His apparent tatics are not what champions are made of. Life goes on.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Glad he got his points back. I still say it was a dirty move (jmo, let's not beat that horse any more), but taking points away was wrong.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
:ohmy: I am completely amazed. :ohmy:

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
YZBlitzRider said:
Windham does'nt have a chance against Reed anyhow. A large percentage of racing is mental. It's obvious from the evidence that Windham is not a a rider of excellence nor a winner. His apparent tatics are not what champions are made of. Life goes on.
Ahhhh Im a Chad Reed man.....but I still think thats a big call to make on KW. Not a rider of excellence???? Man...... his big toe displays more rider excellence than my entire body.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
YZBlitzRider said:
His apparent tatics are not what champions are made of. Life goes on.

The first part of your statement is so asinine I won't even bother to comment on it, but this part of the quote leads me to believe you've never seen a "worthy" champion in your life. KW's "apparent tactics" are the same ones that have been applied by MX/SX champions for decades.

jgeaux

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2003
YZBlitzRider said:
KW may not beat Reed at supercross, but he will surely beat him outdoors. To me the outdoors is where the true champion is crowned. I like Chad Reed but if you have seen the Great Outdoors II, CR admitted he did not have the speed of RC or KW. I quess that makes CR a rider of non excellence

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
jgeaux said:
To me the outdoors is where the true champion is crowned

agreed.

i would guess that blitz is a honda hater. i can't imagine any other way that someone would say something so stupid.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Excellent outcome. I wonder if the 90% negative public opinion had anything to do with the reversal?

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
YZBlitzRider said:
It's obvious from the evidence that Windham is not a a rider of excellence nor a winner. His apparent tatics are not what champions are made of. Life goes on.

You are an idiot.

K-Dub busts his femur, thinks about hangin it all up, and comes back 1.5 years later to beat RC straight up (several times) outdoors. If you haven't noticed, no one has been able to do that since Kevin did it back in 2001. Not to mention that Kevin set the fastest lap times at almost all of the nationals in 2003 and some of the 2004 SX'es as well. Pull your head outta your ass, dude. K-Dub and excellence and winner are all one in the same.

I got this from another moto board - from someone who talked to Chuck Miller after the appeal:

Quote of the year: Miller to Windham after hearing the news, "I feel like we just won the Supercross Championship!", to which Windham replied, "We just might have!"

GO K-DUB!!

Last edited:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
So far in his career, KW has won 7 x 125 outdoor nationals, 12 x 125SX races, 8 x 250 outdoor nationals and 8 x 250SX. He's in the top 20 in all time major AMA wins (which do not include 125 SX).

BTW, KW won a regional 125SX title twice.

There are a heck of a lot of 'riders of quality' that are well behind KW on the all-time win list, including Chad Reed.

Also wanted to add that Windham has a USGP victory and was AMA rookie of the year.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
YZBlitzRider said:
It's obvious from the evidence that Windham is not a a rider of excellence nor a winner. QUOTE]

Blitz. It's obvious from your statement that you don't have a clue. :ohmy: Anyone that makes the main event in SX is a winner and a rider of excellence. :worship:

It looks easy from the grandstands. :think:

Thank goodness the AMA came to their senses. Now, we are back to square one. Go Kevin. :thumb: :thumb:

Ol'89r

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Glad the AMA did the right thing, hope they do it for Lanston too. I think they might wanna take a good, hard look at Whitlock, not a fan so far. As for yzputzrsider, buy a clue ( don't think he'll get one any other way) and give the ridres their due. I'm not a Reed fan but he is awesome on a SX track, KW has his speed at SX and much more outdoors.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
nikki said:
You are an idiot.

That's why I love that non-opinionated, quiet, bashful, slow talking young lady! :)

You rock Nik.

Top Bottom