Dede

May 23, 2004
Wow! I just got a dirtbike catalog in the mail and I was surprised to see that they now sale boots for women. I'm new to the gear & stuff but from what I've research about boots it sounded like it's never been done before. Am I right about this? They're Fox Trackers ($129.95) and come in white only(w/ a small touch of baby blue). I have yet to get a pair of boots but my b-day isn't that far away so the first thing on my wish list is boots (follow by alot of other bike stuff of course :) ). Even though I don't think I'm going to decide on these ones( I think I'm going w/ Gaerne "Explore" boots), I still thought it was cool to finally have the proper sizes for us girls since sizing does seem like an issue when buying men's boots. Tomorrow I'm going to a bike shop to try on boots to see what size I need plus I also need to try on gloves. One thing though that kinda bothered me about the catalog is that on the cover it had a cartoon type drawings of a moto scene but had a big chested female standing on the side lines just rooting them on. What's up w/ that? Get on a bike and dust their butts (hee,hee). Seriously, it had alot of cool stuff in the catalog. That means more stuff to add to my wish list. And whatever I don't get, there's always christmas ;) . And one more thing that I think is cool before I quit babbling, I've noticed that in the last month or so whenever I check out the welcome forum I noticed more and more of the people joining are females. It's great to see the disease or maybe addiction I should say (ya that's it) is spreading. Now if only some from the state of New Hampshire could catch on that would be cool. :clue: I've been told there's alot of really cool trails around here to ride. C'mon step up, don't be scared. :laugh:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah, I saw those Fox boots too...not sure why they used their inexpensive boot, though. Probably to find out how many women would be interested. I had the trackers (my 1st pair of boots) I hated them, they didn't feel too sturdy. I have tech 8's now, and love them. Good luck on the boot and glove hunting.
Oh, did you also see Fox also has a women's helmet too?

Dede

May 23, 2004
Ya, I did see the women's helmet. That I completely don't understand. We're human too so why the need for this (are our heads freakishly different or something?). If anyone can figure this one out please fill me in (I'm very confused w/ it). As if that wasn't enough, now I'm even confused w/ the whole sizing thing for men's boots. I tried on a pair of O'Neal & tech 6 boots and found that my boot size was still the same w/ their boots as it is w/ what I normally buy for shoes. Maybe I was born w/ man feet or something. (ha,ha). No, I do remember reading a thread on here about some boots the foot size did seem to be the same so I'm not concerned. :) But anyway, the boot/glove hunting went great. When I'm done typing this I'm going to go to the website of the company I want them from and write down the item# & size I want.(I'm so excited!). The only downfall to going to the bike shop was that I had to go by all the dirtbikes first in there and it's got me wanted another one. I also saw a cute little one that I would love to buy my little niece to ride. The big stuff will have to wait though until I find the rainbow w/ the pot of gold at the end of it (hee,hee). That isn't just a myth right??????:)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Boot sizes are weird. I wear a 7.5 in shoes, my Fox trackers were size 6, and my current Sidi Force boots are a 7 and fit fine. Gotta try on the brand you're going to buy. Also, when you do try them on, bring in the socks you will be wearing with them and whatever kind of knee guard or brace you use so you know EXACTLY how they will fit with all your gear on.

As for Trackers, I had a pair that didn't last one season. I hated them. The buckles kept breaking and something inside got worn away or whatever, and started poking into my foot. I have the Sidis now and LOVE them--they're hinged at the ankle, which feels really nice and supportive.

Kpicha

Sep 11, 2004
I just rode with a couple of women this weekend who have the Women's Fox boots and they were disappointed with the height of them. They were the same height as the kid's boots and they really wanted something to completely cover their shins. Unfortunately, none of the dealers in our area carry women's products so they had to order them w/o seeing them first.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Kpicha said:
Unfortunately, none of the dealers in our area carry women's products so they had to order them w/o seeing them first.

That's why I order everything through the dealer. They stock the some gear, but that's it. If I don't like something though, they will send it back no problem. It helps to get to know the dealer though. I get everything for a lower price than can be found online. From what I understand, it's hard to find dealers that way. If you go to one long enough, and spend enough time in there they usually start giving you deals.

chewgravel

Aug 28, 2004
I think it is good that some companies are at least trying to acknowledge that women ride too. Personally I have a pair of Thor Force 3 boots that fit pretty darn well. But I think I have big feet for a girl. 8 to 8 1/2. Somehow I bet guys don't sit around and wonder if they have big feet. LOL! I do think it is important to try before you buy. I tried several pairs of boots before I bought what fit me best. Good luck and happy riding!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I've found that bringing beer once or twice a week at 5:45 p.m. gets me GREAT discounts. HAHAHAHA I have a great local dealer and I hang out there quite a bit. He has some awesome racing stories and some cute guys who hang out at the shop too.

Dede

May 23, 2004
some great boot tips. Thanks. My only problem is that my nearest dealership is at least a hour drive and the store hours aren't that great either. My only chance would be to go on saturday & it's only open til 3pm. This is one of the down falls living where I do. Another downfall: no fast food delivery to my house. That took me a while getting use to that as well. (hee,hee) But hey, life is about compromising right? All & all my life is good. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I used to have a pair of the Thor YT250 (or something like that) youth boots, and I loved them at first...then I realized that full size boots actually cover my whole shin. If these women's boots are shorter than full size mens boots I'd advise not wasting your money. I have had so many calf and shin injuries to do boots that were too short. I now have a pair of Tech 8's and I love them! They fit great, feel great, and they protect much more than the shorter riding boots.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Dede said:
One thing though that kinda bothered me about the catalog is that on the cover it had a cartoon type drawings of a moto scene but had a big chested female standing on the side lines just rooting them on. What's up w/ that? Get on a bike and dust their butts (hee,hee).

Its for feeding the fantasies/egos of young males, who make up the vast majority of the market. Same reason why RacerX and Transwold MX ect... put pics of girls in bikinis and shorts. It does work by the way, even for older males. :)

How do those boots fit in the calf area, Christmas is coming up and Megan has taken possession of Amy’s boots. They are the kid type and I'd really like to get her adult ones, but a size 5 foot severely limits the choices.

Top Bottom