dadof2racers

Apr 5, 2005
hey all im looking for a good pipe for a 06 cr85. the boy races outdoor motorcross. I was wonder which pipe would be best for this little bike? does one pipe out perform the other?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The stock pipe is supposed to be pretty good. Perhaps look at other alternatives to make the bike & rider faster? Suspension tuning, lessons on any of the various aspects of racing/riding, cylinder/head work...

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Patman said:
The stock pipe is supposed to be pretty good. Perhaps look at other alternatives to make the bike & rider faster? Suspension tuning, lessons on any of the various aspects of racing/riding, cylinder/head work...

best bang for your buck in increasing lap times....suspension, track time and training... Will beat the snot out of the mod pipe any day.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The CR85 hits hard STOCK.

dadof2racers

Apr 5, 2005
ok, so its fine to stay stock then,To tell ya the truth i was just looking for a little bling factor lol..and if i could get a little extra power or a better overall spread at the same time even better.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We had a 2003 CR85 and it came to us with a FMF Fatty and Turbine Core. My son rode an '04 that was stock and really didn't feel much difference. A year later after we had an EG Super Mini build it was a different story :laugh:

Spend the $$ on lessons, track time and suspension because the bling that you can bring in to the house from the podium is cooler.

Top Bottom